Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2008 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 diesel AWD 138bhp left hand drive. I have just replaced the tie rod ends, front lower control arms and new ball joints on both sides. I didn't have any instructions just played it by ear so no doubt missed a trick as really struggled getting axle to line up and engage lower ball joints on reassembly. Im guessing should maybe have removed the drop links to give more play? Anyway What I did find was that during this manoeuvre the inner drive shaft popped out. I just slid the shaft back in but conscious there was zero fluid leaking out. Should there have been fluid leaking when the shaft comes out ? I'm thinking either the gearbox oil must be very low or perhaps the set up of this model doesn't lose fluid. Can anyone offer any advice ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok so there should be fluid loss depending on how level car was. My concern is even the end spindle didn’t seem wet hence wondering if this had different set up. I’ll try to locate the transmission filler port later today and check the level. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts