Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New GT owner (base model) here. It's been a great little car for my lifestyle (occasional city driver, <4k miles a year).

Only problem - the driver's side window intermittently doesn't work. Has anyone else had this in a new car? Other windows always work. Went back to dealer... of course on the way there, it starts working. They couldn't replicate but didn't see any loose connections. I didn't have time to let them open up the door and it worked for a couple of weeks until today.

I'm supposed to note any patterns, they said it's possibly due to summer heat affecting some part of the window assembly. The the car sits on the street and bakes most days; but it's hot every day and it doesn't happen every day. Thoughts on what to check or replace (obv. it's under warranty)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Record a video with your phone the next time this happens and present that as evidence when you bring it in.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
New GT owner (base model) here. It's been a great little car for my lifestyle (occasional city driver, <4k miles a year).

Only problem - the driver's side window intermittently doesn't work. Has anyone else had this in a new car? Other windows always work. Went back to dealer... of course on the way there, it starts working. They couldn't replicate but didn't see any loose connections. I didn't have time to let them open up the door and it worked for a couple of weeks until today.

I'm supposed to note any patterns, they said it's possibly due to summer heat affecting some part of the window assembly. The the car sits on the street and bakes most days; but it's hot every day and it doesn't happen every day. Thoughts on what to check or replace (obv. it's under warranty)?
What to try?....pin tension on switch and connectors in door....also at the BCM....not likely you're going to be able to do that....BUT...you can do wiggle tests....Need to take off door panel and work the switch while tugging on the wiring and see if you can get it to fail. If so it's just a matter of narrowing it down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - last week it happened again, and this time the tech witnessed the problem too. They replaced the power window switch and it appears to have solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts