Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 sonata with 72000 Km on it. As I am driving at highway speeds I notice a rattle from the drivers side towards the door. I can't quite locate where but have tried pushing trim and I can't stop it. Took it to the dealer and was told there was nothing wrong and no rattle. On a trip yesterday I noticed the rattle stopped as I braked. So I then applied very light pressure on the brake pedal. So light it did not come off cruise. And the rattle stops. What is the likely cause? I want to be prepared with some ideas when I take it back to the dealer.

Brian

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a 2011 sonata with 72000 Km on it. As I am driving at highway speeds I notice a rattle from the drivers side towards the door. I can't quite locate where but have tried pushing trim and I can't stop it. Took it to the dealer and was told there was nothing wrong and no rattle. On a trip yesterday I noticed the rattle stopped as I braked. So I then applied very light pressure on the brake pedal. So light it did not come off cruise. And the rattle stops. What is the likely cause? I want to be prepared with some ideas when I take it back to the dealer.

Brian
Perhaps the brake switch was previously replaced and is somewhat loose? I am just throwing an idea out there...that is the only thing I can think of that would stop rattling when pressing the brake pedal.

The source of rattles can be deceiving. Sometimes they sound like they are coming from one place, when they are actually coming from another.

·
Registered
461 Posts

Brian
Get used to it...
Many rattles everywhere in mine now.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Get under the dash (not while driving, please) and see if there is anything loose hitting metal. Move the brake pedal down and look and see what if anything is in the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a look around under the dash and I noticed a cable bundle was in contact with the brake pedal. I moved this away and the rattle was gone. Thanks everyone for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts