Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to group...
Having trouble with driver's side heated seat. When I press the heated seat button for the driver's side, nothing happens. No switch illumination, nor does the seat heat. The passenger side works fine. The button illuminates in both settings and seat heats as it should.
I am assuming that there is a single fuse that powers both seats and thus do not think it is fuse related. I visually inspected under the driver's seat for any obvious wires or connectors that look suspect, but found nothing. Can this be as simple as a bad switch on the console? If so, my thoughts are to swap the known, good switch from the passenger side with the driver's side switch.
Your thoughts??
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Seperate 25A fuse for each seat I think,,, refer to label on I/P fuse box cover or owner manual for fuse applications

If popped, suspect trouble with either the seat bottom grid,, or seat back grid,, need diagram and time to sort it out, as manual dont call out wiring too well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless I am wrong, there is a single 25amp fuse in panel (s/warmer) that goes to the seat warmer control module. Still hoping it is the switch, not the seat as the issue. Anyone??

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
Your right, both seats are powered from the one fuse.

The switch doesn't carry any significant current so it seems unlikely the switch would be faulty. More likely the control module under the seat or maybe the wiring between the module and the switch.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Unless I am wrong, there is a single 25amp fuse in panel (s/warmer) that goes to the seat warmer control module. Still hoping it is the switch, not the seat as the issue. Anyone??
If you have a dvom and can use it test the switch. Check the heater grids for continuity etc. Not a lot to these.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately the Santa Fe is in the body shop for the next few days for some touch-up work. I will investigate further upon its return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys, sorry for the lengthy delay, but I have the vehicle back home and today I have diagnosed the problem. I switched the seat warmer module (part #93600-0W400) from the passenger seat (known, working seat warmer) to the driver's seat and now the driver's seat warmer and associated seat warmer switch work as they should. So now I have to purchase a replacement seat warmer module to replace the faulty one. Found used/working modules on Ebay for under $30, but just spoke with dealer parts and new module from them is $25 + tax. Ordered it. I'll check back when this is all done to update.

Thanks again guys!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can this module be reached without removing the seat? I have the exact same problem with my 2006 Sedona and want to test the module the same way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris,
I had a lot of difficulty trying to access the module with the seat in place. I ended up just having to remove 4 bolts for each seat and just tipped the seat backwards to access the module. Pretty easy. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chris,
I had a lot of difficulty trying to access the module with the seat in place. I ended up just having to remove 4 bolts for each seat and just tipped the seat backwards to access the module. Pretty easy. Hope that helped.

be careful when tipping seat back like that if the seat has an airbag in it. not common but have seen seat bags deploy from tipping them while battery still connected. i have also done it myself without disconnecting the negative terminal easily 1000 times and did not have them deploy. just wanted it to be known for anyone who isn't experienced to proceed with caution when tilting the seat back

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK guys, sorry for the lengthy delay, but I have the vehicle back home and today I have diagnosed the problem. I switched the seat warmer module (part #93600-0W400) from the passenger seat (known, working seat warmer) to the driver's seat and now the driver's seat warmer and associated seat warmer switch work as they should. So now I have to purchase a replacement seat warmer module to replace the faulty one. Found used/working modules on Ebay for under $30, but just spoke with dealer parts and new module from them is $25 + tax. Ordered it. I'll check back when this is all done to update.

Thanks again guys!!
Hi there. Omg I just switch the passenger module to driver side and works perfectly. The dealer had fone check up on that it cost me 50$ to come back and tell me it was the 2 heating element and could be wires too so it would cost 1000$. I didnt make them repair it and after reading your post did the switch and it works. So now I have yo order one for passenger side. Can you please tell what dealer in which state you got it for 25$. My dealer is selling that piece for 200$. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks again for your testimonial on internet it really was a great help. :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Just shows you the quality of help you get at dealerships today, that an anonymous tip off the internet got you better info than the dealership could give you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK guys, sorry for the lengthy delay, but I have the vehicle back home and today I have diagnosed the problem. I switched the seat warmer module (part #93600-0W400) from the passenger seat (known, working seat warmer) to the driver's seat and now the driver's seat warmer and associated seat warmer switch work as they should. So now I have to purchase a replacement seat warmer module to replace the faulty one. Found used/working modules on Ebay for under
$30, but just spoke with dealer parts and new module from them is $25 + tax. Ordered it. I'll check back when this is all done to update.

Thanks again guys!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts