Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 SE V6. The drivers side headrest will continue to extend to the full raised position within a few days. I notice it, then push the button on the base of the LH headrest stem and lower it and a few days later it's back to the full raised position.

Is this a somewhat common issue or am I just real lucky to have it happen to our Sonata? :grin:

·
Registered
337 Posts
QUOTE (Mach2 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354125
2007 SE V6. The drivers side headrest will continue to extend to the full raised position within a few days. I notice it, then push the button on the base of the LH headrest stem and lower it and a few days later it's back to the full raised position.

Is this a somewhat common issue or am I just real lucky to have it happen to our Sonata? :grin:

wow i have an 06 an never had such a problem ever....... if anything i believe a malfunctioning head rest unit would go down an not up, you sure no one is trying to pull a prank on u?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Mach2 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354125

So both are raising by themselves? You have a Haunted Sonata. Run a CarFax. I want to know why recently we learned that they also pull

forward a few clicks. Mine do not move, except in an Accident. If I try to move them the Plastic looks like it will crack. Do they adjust, no right?

And as far as pulling out that is the only adjustment I can make! And they don't do it by themself! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
MY headrests sagged real bad so I took my car to the dealership and got them both replaced for free. You should do the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does your car have the "Active Head Restraint" safety feature? IF so, it might be malfunctioning, causing the headrest to pop up as it would in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NFV6, no need for a carfax. Bought it brand new and drove it off the lot. I'll have it looked at next service. It's just the drivers side headrest, passenger side stays down. :beer:

·
Banned
335 Posts
Well as you know this is somewhat strange but the Dealer might give you grief. Remember the first year is the "free" adjustment period, and

then you might be on your own to pay for the reason it is doing this. If they find a broken part they might replace it free. If it is that plastic part that

controls the 3 settings they will most likely tell you it was broken by you. I want to know why others here say their model adjusts by pulling the

head rest forward. I had that feature 24 years ago and never had another Car that offered it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 4 2010, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354355
I want to know why others here say their model adjusts by pulling the

head rest forward. I had that feature 24 years ago and never had another Car that offered it?
Why? Because the manufacturer built it with that feature. What else can be said? If yours doesn't do that it must be broken. There's no way my GL V6 has that feature and your LX doesn't.

By the way, it's right in the owner's manual on page 1-16, "Tilting Headrest Forward and Rearward".

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (rallyman @ Sep 5 2010, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354441
Why? Because the manufacturer built it with that feature. What else can be said? If yours doesn't do that it must be broken. There's no way my GL V6 has that feature and your LX doesn't.

By the way, it's right in the owner's manual on page 1-16, "Tilting Headrest Forward and Rearward".
I need to thank you Rally, but my Driver one seemed stuck. I could even see the Plastic Clip with a small crack. They

have never pulled out or up a notch though, and are now working as designed! :liebe011:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well now, thanks to rallyman I just checked the forward movement/position of the subject drivers side headrest. It was in a forward position. I pulled it all the way forward, then it went back to the aft position. Let's see it the headrest still raises up on it's own now. I'll get back with the results in the next couple days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This must have been a feature dropped on the '09 and '10 models because mine don't move forward and back like that.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (MED @ Sep 7 2010, 10:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354959
This must have been a feature dropped on the '09 and '10 models because mine don't move forward and back like that.
I bet they do and you don't know it. I spent the last 24000 miles not knowing it. It seems that in order to click forward up

to 3 clicks, the headrest has to be on the lowest setting. I always had mine at the 2nd height adjustment setting, and

all I was doing is attempting to crack the plastic holder by applying pressure on it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
no its not problem its may they have added in there new models. as before that i have never heard about this kind of things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, son of a buck fuzz, the headrest is still going up. I just checked and made 3 clicks forward on the headrest and it's now in the full aft position. Let's see if it still moves up now in that position. :57: I may not have had the headrest in the full aft position before.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't think your issue has anything to do with the fore/aft position of the headrest. It should stay at the height you set it regardless of the fore/aft position. There must be something else happening inside the seatback to cause the headrest to raise on its own. I wonder if the two bars supporting the headrest have been forced together or apart a sufficient amount to exert constant pressure such that it forces the headrest to rise up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's still going up by itself, a click at a time. I'll have the Henderson, NV, dealer check it out next oil change.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts