Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, my wife has owned a number of vehicles: Miata, Corolla, Crossfire. Her latest vehicle is a 2015 Genesis. At least 2 or 3 times a year, her tire pressure light has come on and it is always for the driver's side front tire. Each time the light comes on, the tire pressure is low, 4-6 pounds lower than the other tires. It occurred again today. I have contended that the issue is caused by her sometimes taking sharp left turns from time to time or not slowing down enough before making the turns. She is not reckless or anything like that. I cannot think of another reason as to what may be causing the issue.

Anyone else have this occur? Thoughts?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,695 Posts
I think it's more likely there is just a leak than it having anything to do with your wife's driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree if it was just one vehicle. But it has happened numerous times over the years (10-15) with different vehicles. It is very quirky.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,695 Posts
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying. So the same thing happens to all her cars, not just the Genesis. Now that is odd. Sorry, I've no idea why that would be happening.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well unless she's driving in a circle, I would assume at some point in time she must turn left and put the same pressure on the right front tire, so don't believe that's the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well unless she's driving in a circle, I would assume at some point in time she must turn left and put the same pressure on the right front tire, so don't believe that's the problem.
Yeah, I thought about that also which makes it even more befuddling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe she's been trolling you this entire time. Intentionally letting out the air of that one tire without you looking. The Big Tire Enigma.

I'm joking, I have no idea why this would happen to all her cars.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Likely a nail causing a slow leak. i would take it to the dealer where they can put it on a lift. Hopefully it is not too close to the sidewall. I have seen this many times and it is a nail in the thread you can’t otherwise see.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Over the years, my wife has owned a number of vehicles: Miata, Corolla, Crossfire. Her latest vehicle is a 2015 Genesis. At least 2 or 3 times a year, her tire pressure light has come on and it is always for the driver's side front tire. Each time the light comes on, the tire pressure is low, 4-6 pounds lower than the other tires. It occurred again today. I have contended that the issue is caused by her sometimes taking sharp left turns from time to time or not slowing down enough before making the turns. She is not reckless or anything like that. I cannot think of another reason as to what may be causing the issue.

When temperatures begin to get real chilly at night, my TPMS alerts. There's always a tire that's a pound or 2 lower than the others, but they're all a bit low from the cold weather. The lowest tire will always alert first, and 1 of them has to be a fraction lower than the others.

·
Registered
80 Posts

The problem is that you and your wife are depending upon the tire pressure monitor to keep track of the tire pressure instead of you plural taking the responsibility of checking the tire pressures at least once every two weeks. It sound to me like you would not do anything until the tires went flat and then you would ask,"why did that happen?"
My tire pressure monitoring light is on all the time even though I spend a bunch of money to have the sensors synchronized. Yes, all the sensors are new. Dealer has no explanation why it is occurring. I told them that I wasn't going to waste anymore money when they didn't have a clue what they were doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The problem is that you and your wife are depending upon the tire pressure monitor to keep track of the tire pressure instead of you plural taking the responsibility of checking the tire pressures at least once every two weeks. It sound to me like you would not do anything until the tires went flat and then you would ask,"why did that happen?"
My tire pressure monitoring light is on all the time even though I spend a bunch of money to have the sensors synchronized. Yes, all the sensors are new. Dealer has no explanation why it is occurring. I told them that I wasn't going to waste anymore money when they didn't have a clue what they were doing.
Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Likely a nail causing a slow leak. i would take it to the dealer where they can put it on a lift. Hopefully it is not too close to the sidewall. I have seen this many times and it is a nail in the thread you can’t otherwise see.
Please see initial post. It is not just one vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your front driver side tire is the tire that supports slightly more weight compared to the other tires because of the driver's seat position. This would cause dis-proportionally more stress on that tire, and may be the issue. Also, when air is added to the tires, is your wife in the vehicle? Your wife's weight could give a reading higher than it actually is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts