Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
I am having an issue with my driver's power window and can't seem to find another thread with the same problem.
When I turn my key one time for radio only, my driver's window does not roll up or down, sometimes it does a clicking sound, and sometimes just does not work without any sounds. All the other 3 windows work perfectly fine at this stage.
When I turn the key to turn on the engine all 4 windows work perfectly fine.
Do you know what could be the problem? to me, it looks like one window needs more power to operate and that is why it only works when the engine is running, but how can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You need to clarify irregularities in you statement for anyone here to understand.

Thread title and first sentence of first paragraph indicates Driver’s window not working. But in second paragraph you indicate Passenger window doesn’t work with key turned to ACC position, but all the other 3 work which would indicate driver’s window does work then and when you start the engine it works then too. I’m not sure if you meant to say Driver’s side in first sentence of second paragraph or you also have a problem with passenger side or not. :unsure:

Also, what year is your Accent?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H
You need to clarify irregularities in you statement for anyone here to understand.

Thread title and first sentence of first paragraph indicates Driver’s window not working. But in second paragraph you indicate Passenger window doesn’t work with key turned to ACC position, but all the other 3 work which would indicate driver’s window does work then and when you start the engine it works then too. I’m not sure if you meant to say Driver’s side in first sentence of second paragraph or you also have a problem with passenger side or not. :unsure:

Also, what year is your Accent?
Hello, you are absolutely right. I meant the Driver's window (I fixed it already on the original post). My accent is 2012.
So in summary, only the driver's window is the one with the issue.

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
On mine (not the same car), it has to be running (or in Ign-On) for any windows to work. Once the engine is off...you have maybe 10 sec in ACC to close the windows.

·
Registered
430 Posts
So in summary, only the driver's window is the one with the issue.
According to electrical prints the key switch has to be in ON position (second click from lock) for any window to work. Which makes me wonder why the other three work in ACC position, in that position it sounds like driver window is only one working correctly. There is a timer as DarrenBach mentioned ~ 30 sec that allows windows to work after key is turned from ON to ACC or LOCK (off), or until door is opened which ever comes first.

Have you tested window operation with the switch in the ON position?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts