Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new i10 premium and there are so many features its like flying an aeroplane!!
I have tried reading the manual but as usual you can never find the answer to the question. So this may seem like a silly question but on my drivers outside mirror there is a perforated line. What is this for please?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i20 SE Connect
177 Posts
I assume you are referring to a near-vertical dotted line printed on the glass of the mirror...

The dotted line on the driver's door mirror indicates that the mirror has two areas - an inner 'normal view' area and an outer 'wide angle view' area that's intended to help with blind spot elimination.

Car mirrors with two 'views' - normal and wide-angle - have been commonplace for years (my wife's 2009 Skoda's driver's-side mirror is that type) and the convention is for a dotted line on the glass to show where the 'views' separate.

I have attached an image below that shows a similar dotted line (arrowed in green) on a Ford Fiesta's driver's-side mirror and it may be possible for you to spot the effect of the wide-angle view compared to the normal view. The dotted line is also referred to in this link (from which I copied the image).

http://www.daveharrisonbolton.com/mirrors/

Your Hyundai i10's exterior mirrors are also convex, so that objects seen in them are closer than they appear. Your car's Owner's Manual warns of this in Section "5. Convenient features".

(A GOOGLE-search using "car mirror perforated line" as the search-term will produce lots more information, some of it accurate/reliable and some less so.) :)

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Automotive mirror

1 - 2 of 2 Posts