Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car for a month and the top section of the drivers door weatherstrip became loose.

Pushed it back into the track at the top of the door. The weatherstrip is not held
tightly in that track at all. The rear doors weatherstrip comes out of that top track with zero force.

I am not sure if the weatherstrip is suppose to be glued?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
2018 should be covered if it has no evidence of mis-use.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
I would describe the weatherstrip as snugly held in but easy to remove if deliberately done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In my opinion, the weatherstrip is not held tight enough. The front takes the slightest amount of force and the rear takes no force to remove.
If mine comes loose again, I will put a small dab of adhesive to hold it in place.

My 2013 Accent SE had zero defects. My 2018 Elantra GT slight defects: Weatherstrip came out of track, plastic trim on hatchback not installed
correctly (large gap) had to remove and re-install, foam sticking out between window and dash, 2 screws missing for plastic trim by rear seat,
drivers door lower corners not sealed correctly with bead of body filler (other doors good).

I am really happy with my car, but mine must have been built on Monday.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
In my opinion, the weatherstrip is not held tight enough. The front takes the slightest amount of force and the rear takes no force to remove.
If mine comes loose again, I will put a small dab of adhesive to hold it in place.

My 2013 Accent SE had zero defects. My 2018 Elantra GT slight defects: Weatherstrip came out of track, plastic trim on hatchback not installed
correctly (large gap) had to remove and re-install, foam sticking out between window and dash, 2 screws missing for plastic trim by rear seat,
drivers door lower corners not sealed correctly with bead of body filler (other doors good).

I am really happy with my car, but mine must have been built on Monday.
Check the date on the door when it was built ;). I dont recall what day mine was built.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts