Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, The driver door of my 2010 Hyundai i30 diesel car will not open from the inside. I have to keep the car switched on, open the window, reach out and open the door from the outside. Does any one know how to fix this? Thanks

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Have you recently removed the interior door panel? If so it may have not been properly reinstalled. Either way you may need to remove it and check the door handle mechanism. If still under warranty visit a dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Polly110. You are not the 1st to suffer this, mine had a new door catch last year for same symptoms. There was also a new door latch cable (I think) fitted recently following a service bulletin. So take it back to dealer as I presume your car will still be under its 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Whereas mine has the opposite problem (well, almost)!

Using the outside door handle isn't a smooth operation, more of a clunky, graunchy on/off type pull. 3 of 4 doors suffer to a greater or lesser extent from this. It's worse in hot weather, or when it's stood for a few days.

Seems pretty obvious it's a lubrication job. The first service is coming up so I'll ask if they can fix. If they can't / don't want to, I'll have the door liners off and do it myself.

But has anyone else had this and cured it from the outside - by spraying lubricant onto the mechanism through the handle gaps, or similar? If so. what did you use?

Thanks - Peter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts