Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All electrical connections,bucket seat coil,fuses,modules,everything relating to heating for both front seats have been disconnected yet,the drivers seat gets very hot at times.I have to air it out and when I start the engine it comes back on. the only cable that is connected is for the air bags.
Dealer says that that is not a factor.
Anyone out there with this issue?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome, sorry to hear of your hot seat troubles. Please update you profile with your car/location info. Also, post questions in the forum specific to your model/year to get the best responses.

I would imagine that if the electrical connections in the seat are disconnected and the seat is still getting warm, first check to see if it is getting warm because of the seat warmer. Depending on your model, you can take the back of the seat off. when it gets warm, check to see if the heat is coming from the heat coils. If not, then your heat is coming from somewhere else, maybe the back seat floor vents are pumping out heat under your seat and making it warm. Try turning on re-circulation mode whenever you aren't actively using the heat/AC. If you are using the heat/AC then set to a mode that does NOT go to the foot-wells.

Again, this depends on your model and if rear foot-well vents exist, but just some guessing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts