Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side window decided to roll ITSELF down today and not be able to roll it back up. Besides the obvious ghost/demon approach, anyone in the forum got a clue? The connection is fine. It has done this before however, this time it will not reset itself.the relay in the front seems okay. At $300.00 plus dollars, I hope there is a feasible solution. Ive got the blasted thing taped with a bag and duct tape (wonderful for the paint job and it just started snowing today). Thanks all

·
Registered
843 Posts
Unlucky for you it is not only the switch button but also a little electronics gizmo with relay that with a push on the button will do the job of rolling down all the window.
So I suppose it is defective or it gets a button signal to roll down.
The best you can do now is to undo the door lining, only a few screws and clips, take off the switch assembly connector. Then you can acces the window motor connector pins to put on a 12 volts and ground to upper the window again. The motor has no end switches for end of travel, so straightforward. Ground and 12 volts one way for down and switched polarity for up (unless the motor was fryed because of to long power on it).
Then you can remove your plastic bag.
Now you can check the switch assembly to see why it is doing as it does. Schematics can be found at the Hyundai service site https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com (free login).
The motor should only works by the button switches so no rocket science there.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts