Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side window on my 09' Elantra came loose. It didn't want to roll down due to being frozen in place, so I did what I've done in the past and pushed down on the window while pressing the button. I heard some sort of snap and then the window pushed down, having detached from the raising/lowering mechanism. Now it won't roll up or down and occasionally wants to drop down while driving.

It appears there are two clamps which the bottom of the window attaches to. Is tightening the two mounting bolts enough or does the window need to be glued to the clamps? Do you guys think any parts will need to be replaced or just remount the glass and call it a day? Here is the video that I watched on the subject for reference:

·
Registered
43 Posts
My '05 Elantra passenger window came off track and would not move up or down. I could hear the motor try to work. I got the window to finally close by pulling up on the glass while using the button. The mechanic was able to glue window back on to the lift arm, that worked for a couple of months until it happened again, this time I needed to have the regulator replaced for a little under $200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts