Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a 2017 2.0T Santa Fe Ultimate. When I am driving it, I notice excessive noise coming from the side mirror on the driver's side (It is like a swooshing noise). I see a lot of threads that cover this for the 2013 model through searching the forum before asking, but I haven't seen anyone mention it for the 2017. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, was there anything that could be done to fix it? I took it to the dealer 14 days after purchasing it, and they said it was just normal (which it could be; I am coming from a Sonata). I took it back again, and that time they checked the door seals and said they "fixed" those by making the seal tighter, but I still hear the wind coming from the mirror. I am new to the Santa Fe, so I was curious if there is any advice for this particular year. It isn't horrible but very annoying, so if there is a way to fix it, I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
you have to find the source first. Get some removeable tape, seal the gap outside the door, then seal the window gap, then the door panel gap. Dealer won't do that they are lazy. Then talk to dealer what you find

·
Registered
209 Posts
No it’s not normal, I have no wind noise on my 2017 Ultimate. When I had this on a different vehicle it was the result of my side view mirror not being aligned properly. Dealer adjusted it and the noise stopped. Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just had a windshield replaced under warranty on my '17 Santa Fe. At the same time, I had the dealer install a replacement bottom door trim that my son broke off on a snow bank.

I'm now hearing a wind-like noise from the passenger side, which I think is coming from the windshield...but could also be from the door.

Going to be fun tracking down the source.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

I just purchased a 2017 2.0T Santa Fe Ultimate. When I am driving it, I notice excessive noise coming from the side mirror on the driver's side (It is like a swooshing noise). I see a lot of threads that cover this for the 2013 model through searching the forum before asking, but I haven't seen anyone mention it for the 2017. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, was there anything that could be done to fix it? I took it to the dealer 14 days after purchasing it, and they said it was just normal (which it could be; I am coming from a Sonata). I took it back again, and that time they checked the door seals and said they "fixed" those by making the seal tighter, but I still hear the wind coming from the mirror. I am new to the Santa Fe, so I was curious if there is any advice for this particular year. It isn't horrible but very annoying, so if there is a way to fix it, I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks!
This also happens on different makes of cars , our next door neighbour bought a 2016 registration VW and had the same problem , he took it to 5 different VW agents , the last one fixed it by adjusting the position of the wing mirror unit very slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts