Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a 04 Hyundai Getz that has developed a problem. The problem occurs when I use the foot brake at low speeds, every now and then the back wheel only on the drivers side will totally lock up. The first time this happened was when I had to come to a stop on the expressway so as you can imagine I was quite concerned. Just as car was coming to a stop a knock from back wheel and it locked as if the handbrake was applied. When I tried to drive off it was locked up so I tried to get over to the hard shoulder and it made a knocking noise a cpl of times then freed up and was ok so I took back roads and nursed it home. But it did happen a few more occasions for rest of my journey. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be

Thank you
Kirsty

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hello all! I have a 04 Hyundai Getz that has developed a problem. The problem occurs when I use the foot brake at low speeds, every now and then the back wheel only on the drivers side will totally lock up. The first time this happened was when I had to come to a stop on the expressway so as you can imagine I was quite concerned. Just as car was coming to a stop a knock from back wheel and it locked as if the handbrake was applied. When I tried to drive off it was locked up so I tried to get over to the hard shoulder and it made a knocking noise a cpl of times then freed up and was ok so I took back roads and nursed it home. But it did happen a few more occasions for rest of my journey. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be

Thank you
Kirsty
What the other guy said. A little tip...if a drum brake locks up going forward, stop and go in reverse a little. This will usually free up the shoe and allow you to continue without the problem. At least until the next time.:smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts