Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver seat shifts very slightly when making 90 degree turns. This is the result of a bad seat track. This dealer warranty repair is $1,800. I am making this post because my wife drives this car and thought nothing was wrong. I make sure I drive every car we own, once a month for the purpose of identifying issues she is oblivious about. If you have a Tucson, I’d check on this. That would be a crappy cost to eat outside of the warranty period.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Other than the obvious weight issue (just kidding) what's the actual problem. Did the rails crack or the bolt holes strip out?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The assembly is on order. I have asked to be able to view the old assembly when removed. I’ll identify the cause then. Here’s hoping this assembly comes with a new seat cushion and cover lol, but I know better. The wife stained the cloth seat with her jeans.

·
Registered
2018 Tucson SE,
50 Posts
My 2018 does this too. I’m going to have it looked at during my next service in November. It doesn’t do it all the time….in other words, if I make a left hand turn, it will shift but won’t do it again until I turn right and then it won’t do it again until i turn left again.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Tuscon SE
8 Posts
2017 has done this since the test drive at 21,000 miles. I am the only one who notices it, the dealer even told me they don't. Seat still has not ripped apart on the tracks.

Midwest, what was the final word on yours?

·
Registered
2018 Tucson SE,
50 Posts
So here is something weird…I‘ve made an appointment to bring my car in for an oil change and to check out my seat track as well as a very bad squeak/knock near my passenger side hatch that seems to get worse when it gets cold. The weird thing is that the seat isn’t moving anymore now that it’s gotten cold. Anyone else notice this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts