Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my car after my wife and hit the memory button on the door to get my seat back right, it went back and started making a plastic breaking sound and then it stopped.. it will move forward and back about 2 inches but won’t go any further.. Tried to looks and see if anything was stuck but no luck.. I see what plastic broke but I don’t think it has anything to do with it.. I think it’s something stuck in the track but I’m unable to remove the two bolts holding the front of the seat down due to it not going back any further.. Does anyone know of a manual override? Calling the dealer Monday and going to try and drop it off...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got in my car after my wife and hit the memory button on the door to get my seat back right, it went back and started making a plastic breaking sound and then it stopped.. it will move forward and back about 2 inches but won’t go any further.. Tried to looks and see if anything was stuck but no luck.. I see what plastic broke but I don’t think it has anything to do with it.. I think it’s something stuck in the track but I’m unable to remove the two bolts holding the front of the seat down due to it not going back any further.. Does anyone know of a manual override? Calling the dealer Monday and going to try and drop it off...
You dropped something in the seat adjustment track and you're better-off finding a cheaper mechanic.The dealer charges top-dollar per hour for repairs like that.

I am accustomed to similar instances. My wife's lose change keeps dropping inside those tracks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dropped something in the seat adjustment track and you're better-off finding a cheaper mechanic.The dealer charges top-dollar per hour for repairs like that.

I am accustomed to similar instances. My wife's lose change keeps dropping inside those tracks.
I figured that’s what happened... Jusy don’t know if any local shops around here could figure out how to get those bolts out..

·
Registered
654 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to the dealership and they called and said it needs a new seat track.. Parts and labor $1900... She will be headed to the trade in lot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Took it to the dealership and they called and said it needs a new seat track.. Parts and labor $1900... She will be headed to the trade in lot.
Sounds like a junkyard visit and weekend to get back up and running. If it got out of alignment it should be repairable. If the motors broke you can buy those separately.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Sounds like you need Mustang Auto Repair. Honest and reasonable. Nobody else touches our cars. Good luck finding their clone wherever you are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts