Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm making this post because I was unable to find ANY helpful information out on the web, including here when my lumbar support adjuster control stopped working. I'm going to use a lot of descriptive words so that it can be found when searching.

These instructions only apply to this situation. I don't know any more or less about any other lumbar support adjuster problems, or any of your other problems...I'm sorry your wife left you...no I can't give you advice to get her back. If you have a rash, please seek medical attention.

My 2009 Sonata driver seat lumbar support adjuster broke. This made my driver seat very uncomfortable and my back hurt a lot!

To repair this fix, you need to remove the two 2 nuts at the front of the seat and the two 2 bolts at the back of the seat. Then you need to disconnect the all of the connectors for the power seat controls and the air bag. Undo the the elastic strap that is holding the lower rear cover and carefully pry around the seat pocket edge to undo the fastener pins.

Push the left edge of the seat in, by the lumbar support adjuster handle, locate the clip on the lumbar support adjuster handle and remove the clip. Then remove the lumbar support adjuster handle.

Carefully remove the clips that attach the left edge of the driver seat upholstery cover to the driver seat frame. Roll the left edge of seat upholstery cover forward to expose the shaft for the lumbar support adjuster handle. Locate and remove the cir-clip where the shaft passes through the white plastic bushing. Using an impact driver, remove the two screws that hold the lumbar support adjuster assembly mechanism to the driver seat back frame. Remove the lumbar support adjuster assembly mechanism from the driver seat back frame. Inspect the lumbar support adjuster assembly and see if the top C stay is broken off. See photo 1. If the C stay (see photo 2) is broken off and you can't find it, you'll have to buy a new lumbar support adjuster assembly.

IF you can find the C stay piece in photo 2, AND you have a welder...not JB weld...an actual welder, you can weld the piece back together as I did and save a few bucks. The repaired lumbar support adjuster assembly can be seen in photo 3. If you burn your house down while using your welder, that's your own fault, dumb-ass. Pay attention and keep a fire extinguisher in your work space.

Reassemble the seat in the reverse order. Pass GO and collect $200. You the man now dog. Give yourself a high five and go drink a beer...or whatever you do to celebrate.

***NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING THINGS UP, SETTING OFF YOUR AIRBAG, DEATH OR DEATH LIKE SYMPTOMS, CHUCK NORRIS, SPONTANEOUS HUMAN COMBUSTION, ALF, YOUR FAMILY PROBLEMS, OR GLOBAL WARMING. BY FOLLOWING THESE DIRECTIONS YOU ARE TAKING YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. NO ANIMALS WERE HURT IN THE MAKING OF THIS POST. VOID ON EARTH AND ITS MOON.

2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 HYUNDAI SONATA MANUAL LUMBAR CONTROL ADJUSTER DRIVER SEAT SUPPORT ADJUSTER ASSEMBLY THINGAMAJIG

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts