Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Darn, from the thread title, I though you had your new SE!

Thanks for the link to the review. Just skimmed it so far, but it does look like it comes with a non-color coordinated kid in the trunk! I suppose dipping may be in order. What Option package? :D

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I had you think I had my Sonata. Still waiting. Maybe next week. I just read a review about the new Mazda6, the majority of people commenting like it very much. I think the competition is catching up with the Koreans.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
No disrespect to the Sonata, but the Mazda6 has always been a bit ahead.

New 6 is a beauty and gas saver....just very expensive. Hopefully the LF has managed to deliver Mazda6 technology and MPGs at the YF's price point.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I don't like about Mazda is their dashboards, the new Mazda3 and Mazda6 dashboards look average to me, I still like the Sonata dash look better then the majority of cars out there even if it's already 4 years old. The new Accord is the worst, it looks weird.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mazda 6 drives beautifully, but I'd have to get a model with a power driver's seat since the manual seat was uncomfortable (couldn't be adjusted correctly). It was certainly quieter than the Sonata, but also more expensive. The Mazda 3 is also a fun car to drive, but you feel the bumps.

When I was at the Mazda dealer, the salesman was complaining about how business was slow.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
What I don't like about Mazda is their dashboards, the new Mazda3 and Mazda6 dashboards look average to me, I still like the Sonata dash look better then the majority of cars out there even if it's already 4 years old. The new Accord is the worst, it looks weird.
Especially the radio/navigation system. Looks like an aftermarket unit instead of something designed for the car.

Also on price, a lot of this has to do with where they are built. Sonata is built here in the USA (Alabama). 6 used to be produced in Flat Rock MI but Mazda pulled out the partnership and now they assemble them in Japan.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry if I had you think I had my Sonata. Still waiting. Maybe next week. I just read a review about the new Mazda6, the majority of people commenting like it very much. I think the competition is catching up with the Koreans.
No problem, I bet you can't wait for it! Prior to the becoming a Sonataista, I researched and examined fairly extensively, and drove, four other mid-sized, similarly priced sedans. I missed out on the new 6.

Hopefully your new ride will time it's arrival for a clear, sunny, dry road ride, the very long-way home! After the wait, the hardest part is to not push the break-in procedures, too, too much, too soon. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
And Im I the only one to notice that they say the 2014 has 192 hp and 181 torque??

·
Registered
42 Posts
I noticed that HP/TQ difference too... guess that has to do with getting better MPG ratings??

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the GLS has 190 HP and the SE 192 thanks to the dual exhaust. I think it was 200 HP in 201?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes the 200 HP was on the 2013 and older 2.4L, I am sure Hyundai had to revise HP in the 2.4 & MPG claims in the 2.0L after the EPA investigation.

Back the 2014 write up, what tires are on the 2014 SE?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2.0 터보;2113601 said:
Yes the 200 HP was on the 2013 and older 2.4L, I am sure Hyundai had to revise HP in the 2.4 & MPG claims in the 2.0L after the EPA investigation.

Back the 2014 write up, what tires are on the 2014 SE?
I dunno in the USA but here in Canada it's P225/45R18

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think they are still using Hankook Optimo 431 on the SE. At least that's what the ones at the auto show had last night.

BTW the reason for the HP drop from 2011/13 - 2014 was due to the way the SAE measures HP. Recall, the original rating was 198 for GLS/LTD and 200 for the SE. The revised numbers pushed that down to 190 and 192. Either way, the YF is still a very agile performer and only bested by the remaining v6 sedans and EcoBoost Fusion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts