Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, guys... call me stupid if you please. But on one of these forums I got a website off it (drivemods.com) and ordered a weapon r intake from it. It's been 10 days since then and I have no tracking number for it, STILL. I emailed them and they said I should have it any day now and get a tracking number soon, that was on the 19th (today is the 24th). I guess I may be impatient, I'm not quite sure how long this takes because I don't really order things offline. But let me know what everyone things? I hope I'm not getting screwed around, has anyone ordered from this site before?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (AmandaRose @ May 24 2010, 06:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325958
Okay, guys... call me stupid if you please. But on one of these forums I got a website off it (drivemods.com) and ordered a weapon r intake from it. It's been 10 days since then and I have no tracking number for it, STILL. I emailed them and they said I should have it any day now and get a tracking number soon, that was on the 19th (today is the 24th). I guess I may be impatient, I'm not quite sure how long this takes because I don't really order things offline. But let me know what everyone things? I hope I'm not getting screwed around, has anyone ordered from this site before?
i have heard of this ..... i would just get one made its so much cheaper those weapon r just look good ... i made mine for about 30 bucks with mesh intake { way better flow }[attachment=18277:black_intake.jpg][attachment=18278:mesh_intake.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a weapon r intake but i didnt order from that website, i got it straight from weapon r themselves
so i hope you are not getting screwed over....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had one of these intakes on my last car (well, injen but same difference). The thing about these intakes is that they're metal, so they heat up. And hotter air is not what one wants going into their engine. That's why I think that Icebox and Mugen were onto something with their OEM-looking airboxes that dramatically remove air restriction while not going the metal tube route.

I've never tried it, but I wonder if one could make a more effective ram air filter out of the cone element and a bend of PVC piping. It might take longer to make it look presentable, but at least it won't retain heat as much. Not sure if 07accent1.6 did this for his intake.

·
1,565 Posts
Cancel your order. Order from weapon R website.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ May 24 2010, 09:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326020
I had one of these intakes on my last car (well, injen but same difference). The thing about these intakes is that they're metal, so they heat up. And hotter air is not what one wants going into their engine. That's why I think that Icebox and Mugen were onto something with their OEM-looking airboxes that dramatically remove air restriction while not going the metal tube route.

I've never tried it, but I wonder if one could make a more effective ram air filter out of the cone element and a bend of PVC piping. It might take longer to make it look presentable, but at least it won't retain heat as much. Not sure if 07accent1.6 did this for his intake.
u are on the right track ... but not dead on ..... plastic take a lil longer to heat up than metal ..but also take about 3 times as long to cool down compared to stainless steal .... that why i use aluminum it cool's the fastest ...... but i have to say so far the most effective intake i have ever seen has been the carbon-fiber intake [none made for hyundai's ] carbon-fiber stay's cooler longer .... and drops temperature the fastest .........but anyways as far as plastics go ... don't do it

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ May 28 2010, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327318
u are on the right track ... but not dead on ..... plastic take a lil longer to heat up than metal ..but also take about 3 times as long to cool down compared to stainless steal .... that why i use aluminum it cool's the fastest ...... but i have to say so far the most effective intake i have ever seen has been the carbon-fiber intake [none made for hyundai's ] carbon-fiber stay's cooler longer .... and drops temperature the fastest .........but anyways as far as plastics go ... don't do it

I wonder if there's a difference in how hot they each get compared to one another. Everything will get hot an the engine bay, but maybe PVC doesn't get as hot. I'm not sure about this. Otherwise, would it make a difference to wrap the intake up in heat wrap or would that just keep heat in rather than out?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ May 29 2010, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327761
I wonder if there's a difference in how hot they each get compared to one another. Everything will get hot an the engine bay, but maybe PVC doesn't get as hot. I'm not sure about this. Otherwise, would it make a difference to wrap the intake up in heat wrap or would that just keep heat in rather than out?
heat wrap would do both ....keep it cooler longer [on start up] ......and hold the heat in [after already being ran] ... plastic will resist the heat a {lil} longer that aluminum but aluminum cool's down atleast 3 times faster ... there for way better if u do back to back run's .......

·
Registered
98 Posts
QUOTE (AmandaRose @ May 24 2010, 06:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325958
i doubt you got took. i ordered a part for my mower last week, didn't get a track # for couple day's (they had to order the part i bought from them, after they received it, then it shipped) 2 day's later i had the part. guess i should have ordered it direct myself :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts