Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Accent GT that I recently did some work to. Tried to get the tabs renewed and was told that the computer needs to go through a "drive cycle". So, I drove it around town - started and stopped a number of times - put gas in it, took it out on the Hwy and ran it at 65 for about 20 min - started and stopped it several times again and then went back to see if it would check out. NO - STILL NEEDS TO COMPLETE DRIVE CYCLE! Can anybody tell me what I need to do? This is absurd!

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
I have a ScanGauge which will tell you the OBD-II readiness state...  A while back when it threw a code and it was ultimately resolved, it took what seemed like forever to go ready.  It took many drive cycles over several days and at least 200 miles.

Best I can suggest is to keep driving it, and see if you know someone with a scanner that will show whether it is ready or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A drive cycle is a very specific process. The various monitors run their self tests under varied conditions. There is a specific way to drive the car to complete a drive cycle. Most of the time, normal city/highway driving will allow a drive cycle to complete in a few days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Until all the sensors have gathered the proper data it will remain incomplete.

Hows that for a 3rd answer with less info :innocent:

Miles

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have what Hyundai calls a drive cycle chart... need to figure out how to copy it from hyundai site and get it here..

It is a series of idle, accell/decell, drive, and some more patterns over period of time for the monitors to supposedly complete their self tests..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts