Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
To funny. Not sure but if I was young and dumb like the old days and I had that kind of room to play I might give it a try.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wait till Consumer Reports gets hold of that video.

·
Registered
550 Posts
At least you know the car is highly resistant to rolling over. How fast do you think they were going when they started to lock the rear brakes and start the fishtails? It looks close to 100 mph.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm guessing they don't pay a lot of attention to their Eco light. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hate to tell ya but that video has nothing to do with drifting. At best you can call it a controlled skid, but I wouldn't even give it that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (IDZERO @ Aug 3 2010, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346986
Hate to tell ya but that video has nothing to do with drifting. At best you can call it a controlled skid, but I wouldn't even give it that.
100% correct. Drifting requires power delivered from the rear wheels to push the rear end out. FWD cars can't drift. They're just whipping the tail end around. It looks like tremendous fun, but it is not drifting.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (IDZERO @ Aug 3 2010, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346986
^^this

last time I checked, drifting was for RWD vehicles only

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (chitown1211 @ Aug 4 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347114
Not that wiki is a concrete place for information but here's from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_%28motorsport%29
"Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motorsport where the driver intentionally over steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while maintaining vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors. As a motor sport, professional drifting competitions are held across the world."

The way they are using drifting in Tafheet is the wrong word choice making my point.

Tafheet=F-tarded suewee-b conduct fashioned in that part of the world, even the description of what it is shows the lack of sport, skill, and concern for personal and public safety. m2c

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (IDZERO @ Aug 4 2010, 08:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347202
Not that wiki is a concrete place for information but here's from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_%28motorsport%29
"Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motorsport where the driver intentionally over steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while maintaining vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors. As a motor sport, professional drifting competitions are held across the world."

The way they are using drifting in Tafheet is the wrong word choice making my point.

Tafheet=F-tarded suewee-b conduct fashioned in that part of the world, even the description of what it is shows the lack of sport, skill, and concern for personal and public safety. m2c
Arab drifting in FWD cars does not really meet the wiki definition of drifting. Let's start with, "A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex." The key phrase "prior to the corner apex" implies the car is turning - following the path of an arc. Those cars are not turning. They are zig-zagging in a straight line. There is no apex.

The phrase "high speed exit" is also questionable. With throttle steering (real drifting) the car will maintain an even speed if not accelerate in a corner. Those guys started their "FWD drifting" at 100+ mph and continuously slowed down as they zig-zagged and spun. There was no high speed exit. The just kept getting slower and slower until their momentum ran out.

Lastly, the phrase "driver is controlling these factors" really doesn't apply. At most they can hold the tail end out for a few seconds. They are not really in control. They can't hold a fishtail indefinitely like a driver can with RWD.

As I wrote before it looks like fun and is actually quite impressive. But it is not drifting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts