Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post, in hopes I help others, AND get a final push to solving this.
2008 Veracruz
0.395 battery drain, pulling the Room LP temporary fixed. Pulled / disconnected center console radio/CD/climate, no help. Remove lower steering panel, 1st connector pulled killed draw to .002mA. Wired meter in line between 50A feed, and started amp-draw testing each wire. Found a red, upper right pin @ .247mA.

Yea!? But what is it, can't find wiring harness diagram.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
1st post, in hopes I help others, AND get a final push to solving this.
2008 Veracruz
0.395 battery drain, pulling the Room LP temporary fixed. Pulled / disconnected center console radio/CD/climate, no help. Remove lower steering panel, 1st connector pulled killed draw to .002mA. Wired meter in line between 50A feed, and started amp-draw testing each wire. Found a red, upper right pin @ .247mA.

Yea!? But what is it, can't find wiring harness diagram.
I don't have wiring diagrams for that. You can buy a Haynes manual and it'll be in there.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,296 Posts
If you need a free wiring diagram, sometimes this can make one magically appear.....
@wongpfh, there's a man here needing a power distribution diagram for the room lamp fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st off, thanks for the attention.
I fear my test approach is flawed, yet I don't understand yet why. Using a DVM, 10A setting, lead moved to 10A socket, disconnected negative battery lead, hooked DVM in series, .58 amp draw, pulling "Room LP" fuse reduces draw to .02... Happy dance follows.

This is where things go sideways. Reconnect battery, move everything to interior fuse location, reinstall fuse. Pull big red cable (assumption#1 feed to fuse box). Hook one side of DVM to feed, and start disconnecting fuse box connectors (assumption#2), and start placing other DVM lead on each pinout of connector I'm working.

AHHHH-HA, find one that wants .28A.

Cut just that wire. Hook everything back up.... Drumroll...

STILL HAVE THE .58A DRAIN measured at the battery.

I must be doing something stupid.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
1st off, thanks for the attention.
I fear my test approach is flawed, yet I don't understand yet why. Using a DVM, 10A setting, lead moved to 10A socket, disconnected negative battery lead, hooked DVM in series, .58 amp draw, pulling "Room LP" fuse reduces draw to .02... Happy dance follows.

This is where things go sideways. Reconnect battery, move everything to interior fuse location, reinstall fuse. Pull big red cable (assumption#1 feed to fuse box). Hook one side of DVM to feed, and start disconnecting fuse box connectors (assumption#2), and start placing other DVM lead on each pinout of connector I'm working.

AHHHH-HA, find one that wants .28A.

Cut just that wire. Hook everything back up.... Drumroll...

STILL HAVE THE .58A DRAIN measured at the battery.

I must be doing something stupid.
You need a siring diagram....Test draw by pulling fuses like you did and when you find the one that has the draw you need to use a wiring diagram to start isolating the offending circuit. Leave your amp meter hooked up at the battery, no real need to move it unless you can put it in line with the feed to the fuse. You can do that if it makes it easier to see the meter.
What all is on the room lamp fuse?Any motors, like seats? These will be what you want to isolate first.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
All of this.....
Start with the power windows. If not then the BCM. BCM's have a history of parasitic draw....BEWARE....it's usually a switch or something that will not allow the BCM to sleep. NOT the BCM itself.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Disconnect the BCM and see if the draw disappears. Most likely your problem is it will not go to sleep. You'll need a scan tool that will allow you to view BCM inputs to find what is keeping it awake.

When using your fob to lock and set the alarm do you get one horn beep or two beeps?
If two beeps it's likely a switch.....look at the hood switch.

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
Power Distribution Diagrams attached.
The drain is on the room lamp fuse so SD120-5 & SD120-6 would be pretty helpful. As would the diagram of the I/P junction block that shows where all the connectors are located.

Thanks again though @wongpfh, and I'm sure the OP appreciates your time & effort.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I don't know where you are @Adam Dalton but you can just disconnect the BCM and see if the drain goes away. Most likely it'll be the problem but like I said earlier it's not likely the module but something the module monitors, like a switch, that's keeping the module from going to sleep.
Easy to check.

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
He's probably just pulled whatever bulb it was that was staying on and causing his drain.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
The drain is on the room lamp fuse so SD120-5 & SD120-6 would be pretty helpful. As would the diagram of the I/P junction block that shows where all the connectors are located.

Thanks again though @wongpfh, and I'm sure the OP appreciates your time & effort.
SD120-5 &-6, I/P Junction Block diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
WOW...there's a lot of branches on that tree :surprise:

I just love diagnosing current drains on the room lamp fuse....NOT!

·
Registered
4 Posts
ROOM LP wiring diagram for 2006 Hyundai Elantra?

I'm having this same issue with the ROOM LP fuse. Can anyone PLEASE post a ROOM LP wiring diagram for 2006 Hyundai Elantra?

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
Can anyone PLEASE post a ROOM LP wiring diagram for 2006 Hyundai Elantra?
I'm sure someone could but the Veracruz forum isn't the correct place to deal with a fault on your Elantra. Start a new thread on the relevant Elantra forum and ask for help there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts