Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Tucson in February. Black with the saddle leather interior and I love the car. I owned a 2007 Sonata Limited for several years previously and found it to be a decent car.

In the 2010 Tucson, the Ipod integration is pretty good, but I've got two issues:

1) If I park the car and leave it off for several hours (or overnight), when I start my car again the Ipod's battery is effectively drained (verified by unplugging the Ipod and not being able to turn it on). Subsequently, after a few seconds I end up seeing the Ipod completely boot and then the stereo (non-Nav equipped) starts playing song 1 of 4437. Ugghh.... Now, my Ipod is indeed old. Bought this 60GB Ipod in 2005 and yes, it does have a brand new battery that I put into it right before I bought the car. You might start thinking that my Ipod or its battery is nevertheless defective, but that is not the case. If I take the Ipod out of the car and set it to play every song it lasts almost 20 hours before the battery dies. I then charge the Ipod up again, let it play for another 20 hours 'til it dies, and so on and so forth. I am finding difficult to believe that the problem is with my Ipod. I did not have this issue in my Sonata with the Pioneer stereo I put into it that was Ipod equipped. With that, if I turned the radio off, left the car for a few days, and then started the car, the radio would start playing that song on the Ipod I was previously listening to at the exact spot it stopped when I turned the radio off.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2) I have a lot of albums on my Ipod and I almost always listen to my music by choosing an album. Scrolling through the albums via the knob on the stereo is time consuming when you have over a hundred albums. Plus, if you turn the knob too fast then the radio simply doesn't even register you turning the knob, so you must deliberately scroll slow. Is there any way to scroll faster or skip 10 albums at a time or something?

Thanks!
Alex

ps - Why did Hyundai skimp on the horn in the 2010 Tucson? Its one of the worst I've ever heard.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've not seen that problem mentioned, but you might post your question in the 2011 Sonata forum. It uses the same IPod connections and there's a ton more user activity in that forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was just testing the Ipod interface in my IX35 and I realised that the cable does not turn the ipod off when you shut off the engine. There in lies the problem, once the Ipod goes dead it does not restart where you last left it. With the pioneer head units (these are the ones I am familiar with) when the car is switched off it also switches off the ipod hence whenever you resume listening you start exactly where u stopped. I am not sure if there is a way to get around this with the Tucson interface but I hope so, if not, then this was an oversight by Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I only use my iPhone and I always take it with me so I cannot say I have this problem. But that kinda sucks, I have an extra ipod laying around and I was going to leave it connected to the Tucson, but now I don't think I will.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over the weekend I found that the Ipod does go into PAUSE mode after the vehicle is turned off. So, I am not sure why the battery in the Ipod is still being drained. In any event, I found that if I turned the Ipod off (I think by holding down the PLAY/PAUSE button until the screen went black) that the Ipod's battery was not drained when I started the car again several hours later or even the next day. Even better, when I pressed CD/AUX on the stereo, the same album/song started playing exactly where it left off previously.

Maybe this is the only solution. I wish I did not have to manually turn the Ipod off, but at least there is a relatively simple workaround.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts