Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's often difficult to find actual rim pics, I wanted to contribute these for any potential shoppers out there. The DR-43's come in chrome, silver, gunmetal, and flat black. I went with gunmetal - would have been nice to compare with the silver - I think what the gunmetal lacks in shine it makes up for in contrast w/ the black vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those look great, Discount tire has them, will the size they list for the Sonata fit a stock SE?
18X8.5 5-114.3 +40 offset.
I have never gone to + sizing and these are awfully wide at 8.5 inches.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I know 15 spokes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but to me the 5-spoke varieties look better on coupes and sports cars. They are 18"s and I did get them through Discount Tire. They were $741 out the door - probably better deals out there on them but I am happy with my relationship with Discount. The DT rep did recommend moving to a wider tire eventually to help prevent rim damage if curbed - I still have 225's on there....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Liked them so much I just bought a set in silver. Couldn't resist, wife is going to kill me.
What color car? Pleasee post pics as I would love to pick these up as well! I usually only like 5 spoke but when I saw the OP, : 0

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a black 2013 SE, so its going to be the same as the OP, except they will be a bit brighter, the inside of the rim is silver not gunmetal like his.
It probably won't be for a while, I am going to stick with the OEM tires until the winter. The snow can fall and stay here starting at Halloween. :(
I will put the snows on the OEM rims soon, and keep my eyes open for a good deal over the winter from Discount Tire for some summer tires to go with the rims.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a black 2013 SE, so its going to be the same as the OP, except they will be a bit brighter, the inside of the rim is silver not gunmetal like his.
It probably won't be for a while, I am going to stick with the OEM tires until the winter. The snow can fall and stay here starting at Halloween. :(
I will put the snows on the OEM rims soon, and keep my eyes open for a good deal over the winter from Discount Tire for some summer tires to go with the rims.
Ever get these installed? I'd like to see the silver vs the gunmetal.

I have a black and a little bit of my tax return left to blow... I mean, invest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They are not on the car yet, I,m up here in the Great White North, and its still a little early to put the summers on. I have the Michelin PA3's on the original rims for winter tires and they are supposed to be able to run well into the spring. I hate to say it but it will probably be end of April before the new rims/tires go on. In fact I still haven't decided on which tires to get, I might run the old stock tires on the new rims until I see a super deal come up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts