Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought today was going to be a great day. It was beautiful outside, I had the day off and I got a lot done in the yard this morning. So I go for a drive in the E and head down to St. Joseph by the lake. I took the camera and went off for a couple of hours enjoying the weather and taking pictures of the scenery.

I came back to my car and walked up on the rear of it only to open the door and notice that my windshield had been hit HARD with what looks to be a baseball bat or pipe 6 times. As hard as it is to believe it didn't break and there aren't even any chips of the windshield in the car. I got out of the car for a walk around at this time and also found both headlight housings were completely shattered, my front ground effect was detached, and all 3M 2 sided tape was missing. Needless to say I was and still am pissed beyond words. Why can't people just leave **** alone? I'm just happy they didn't do anything to the body except the lip. I was planning on taking the lip off and re-spraying it anyway but it still sucks. The drive home was a pain in the ass with the windshield in that condition too.

So I officially have decommissioned ARCTIK for the season. She's out in the shop where she will remain until next spring with her new improvements. Here's what I have planned:

-Install a proximity alarm on the car (I have one from an old car that is a woman screaming for someone to help her :D)
-Replace the front windshield and again tint with 35% film
-Respray front lip to better match the factory color
-Spray the rear diffuser matte black center "Phantom Black Pearl"
-Paint the underside of the trunk and hood to match the pearl and gloss of the rest of the body
-Shave the areas just above the rear tail lights you can see when the trunk is open
-Shave the front license plate holes
-KDM Clear Headlight Housings
-Install my Shark Racing Torsion Bar
-Install my Luxon X Brace
-Install my Whiteline Adjustable End Links
-Fully Detail the underbody including polishing all brake and fuel lines
-Polish the exhaust system to a mirror shine
-Get the header Jet Hot coated and polish to a mirror shine

Needless to say it's going to be a VERY Busy fall and Winter.

·
22,793 Posts
This news saddens me and makes me mad as ****! IF you find them, hold them long enough for me to fly up to Michigan. I need a good workout. Sorry for your loss, son. That really sucks!!!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Jealous people make me want to puke. Maybe invest in a dash cam that records with a shock sensor?

Just believe in Karma, brother. They will get theirs, hopefully in spades.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jealous people make me want to puke. Maybe invest in a dash cam that records with a shock sensor?

Just believe in Karma, brother. They will get theirs, hopefully in spades.
Yeah, I thought about that too. They make those small enough to go just behind the rear view mirror so that's a possibility.

I'm looking at it in a positive light though. I have no choice but to work on the car now so what I wanted to get done will finally get done!

·
Registered
911 Posts
So I officially have decommissioned ARCTIK for the season. She's out in the shop where she will remain until next spring with her new improvements. Here's what I have planned:

-Install a proximity alarm on the car (I have one from an old car that is a woman screaming for someone to help her :D)
-Replace the front windshield and again tint with 35% film
-Respray front lip to better match the factory color
-Spray the rear diffuser matte black center "Phantom Black Pearl"
-Paint the underside of the trunk and hood to match the pearl and gloss of the rest of the body
-Shave the areas just above the rear tail lights you can see when the trunk is open
-Shave the front license plate holes
-KDM Clear Headlight Housings
-Install my Shark Racing Torsion Bar
-Install my Luxon X Brace
-Install my Whiteline Adjustable End Links
-Fully Detail the underbody including polishing all brake and fuel lines
-Polish the exhaust system to a mirror shine
-Get the header Jet Hot coated and polish to a mirror shine

Needless to say it's going to be a VERY Busy fall and Winter.
Sorry to hear you bumped into such vermin. On the other hand you have some great ideas.

I'm going to have to record my voice yelling "Get the Fxxk Away from the car" so I car hear it from inside the store/house. Near
my neighborhood the cops are after professional thieves that steal expensive wheels letting the car slam to cement blocks or the pavement.

·
6,836 Posts
:mad::rant2::evil::wallbash:

Ok, now that I've gotten that out...

It just seems so ironic that you'd been having all this good luck lately with your photoshoot, sponsorship, etc. And it's like they knew.

I feel for you because of not so long ago having my husband's truck stolen, etc. I just want to get vigilante status on someone sometimes.

·
22,793 Posts
Rise of the Phoenix! Coming back better and more glorious. Trying to make you feel better with this: "Think AutoGlym has a product to fix that using a microfiber cloth?"

I'd still like 5 minutes alone with those hoodlums!

·
6,836 Posts
It's probably some d-bag kid(s) who have no job, "Me First" attitudes, and think the world is their burrito. :rolleyes: Just saying, those are the kind of people who do this kind of stuff around my area, anyhow.

Just wait until they hit the big time (a.k.a. The Slammer) and find out what the world is really about. They just better hope Mommy bails them out. She'd be doing us all a favor if she didn't, though.

:rant2:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
WOW ... i'm speechless. That is some ****** UP ****!!!!! I hate jealous mofos that have nothing better to do than to screw with other people's things that they work hard for. I hope you find out who it is and give them theirs with a baseball bat as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im so sorry of your car "gamerguy" i dont know you but i hate jelous people and do what they did to you is not acceptable.

Hope to see your car photos soon again.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rise of the Phoenix! Coming back better and more glorious. Trying to make you feel better with this: "Think AutoGlym has a product to fix that using a microfiber cloth?"

I'd still like 5 minutes alone with those hoodlums!
I was thinking it would just buff right out :laughing:.

I'm really excited about how she will turn out when it's all said and done. I've still gotta do a review on those braces and end links too! I've been so busy with work the last month it's just nuts. I've been to Chicago, Pheonix, Racine, Atlanta, and New York in the last 6 weeks! Thankfully it's over for now though!

I'll have to get some pictures this weekend before I replace the windshield. I already have one coming, it's shipping straight to my buddy who will be tinting it and then going in this weekend. I've already got both front and rear lips off, hood and trunk are off, and both tail lights and headlights pulled out. Just need to order paint, get some body filler, strip the interior of the trunk, mask off the rear, and start shooting!

Surgery has begun, lol.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
You are taking this much better than I would have. My blood would be boiling right now. **** haters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is really sad news! You and your vehicle are inspirational for me! and how you are handling this is as best you can!

I am totally floored and like you said "Why can't people just leave **** alone?"
Lot's of support here for you from this forum family!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow man.. sorry to hear that, that's horrible! How can people do that, that's just sad. Perhaps there were some security cameras around that might have caught them on tape?

And also, I'd like to second the request to see the pics, if it's not too painful!

Finally, I'd like to add that DUDE you must be loaded to be thinking about doing more mods ON TOP OF all the repairs you'll need to do!! Good for you!

·
22,793 Posts
Probably a Chevrolet Aveo driver bashing a 'import' thinking he's driving a American car...
Sad thing about that very accurate statement is that he's in good company with a whole bunch of folks!

You are taking this much better than I would have. My blood would be boiling right now. **** haters.
I felt my BP rising when I read that post. Had that been Ingrid, I would have imploded! I'm not kidding.

Surgery has begun, lol.
If you need a great anesthesia pharmacy tech, "holla at ya boy!" ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh believe me, I'm very well pissed right now. I'm just trying to look at it in a positive fashion since there's really nothing that can be done. I have always hated the kids from St. Joseph, I went to school there for 5 years through middle school and the people are just stuck up think, their **** don't stink, and if you have something nice they do this **** to it.

I remember back in high school I was driving my 89 Dodge Daytona Shelby down in the same area. I had a car full of friends and we drove by a group of about 4 people. The usual, stuck up and they had 2 high end Audi's they were driving. Well, one of the guys picked up a good size rock and threw it and hit the car. It was clear he was trying to hit me because if I hadn't sped up it wouldn't have hit the side of the door on the B-pillar like it did. I stopped and all 5 of us got out. I walked up to the guy that threw the rock as he said "What are you gonna do punk? I didn't say a word but I knocked him square on his ass and didn't stop. While that happened one of my friends picked up a larger rock and threw it through the window of one of the Audis. It was pretty funny that his friends didn't even try to help him out and felt pretty good to be honest. I would kind of like to do that again to the ass wipe that did this to my car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts