Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2004 coupe with a single din radio and a little "shelf" under it and it seems like its part of the dash. How could I install a 2din head unit? (JVC KW-X830BT) Do I need to buy some extra things? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,000 Posts
On UK models the opening on the dash trim is the correct size for a double DIN head unit. The little shelf/coin box is just secured to the dash by screws. When the original radio and the coin box are removed the double DIN unit should slot straight in.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
106 Posts
Many, many, many, years ago I had a Sonata that actually came with two single DIN size units in the dash. One was a cassette player/radio and the other a cd player. Both had metal brackets that screwed flush into the sides of the components and folded over to be screwed into the dash from the front.

Hyundai sold two different fascia plates. One to accommodate that setup and (I'm sure for a different trim level) a different one with room for a single DIN unit and it had a little storage space below it. You may find something similar for yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.