Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck with the METRA kit for a Double DIN head Unit? I keep reading several things that it looks horrible after the install? I am debating on keeping the stock head unit and going to an AudioControll device or just changing it out all together.

Any pics would be great as well

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Look at a Canadian company called compass navy they have a beautiful double din unit four 850 a bit pricey but it looks stock. The Metra trim piece I saw has a hole on the right side directly across from the four-way flasher button don't know why the whole is there there is no button that goes in it

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
we did this in a 2013 sonata GLS about 5 months ago.

jvc double din with headrest monitors. came out clean if you ask me.

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
i still see where the silver parts don't line up with the metra kit, doesn't fit very well
ah wow i never noticed that til you said it!...i didn't do the original install on this...i only had to fix something on a rear monitor that was loose...the headunit install was done prior to me working at this shop...not much you can do about that minor gap unfortunately...it's a flaw in the kit, not installation

·
Registered
480 Posts
Haven't been on here in awhile, but my last mod was the double din pioneer AVH 1500dvd I believe it was called I have a thread on here with all the info and pics, I used the schoche dash kit!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1386470537.532439.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts