Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've got a 2007 sonata limited with the tan/wood grain interior and Infinity sound system. I'm looking to replace my head unit with a touchscreen display and am looking for a double din dash install kit that is gray to match my interior and not black. A black trim kit will really clash with the brown/grey/tan interior and I'm kinda anal about that stuff lol.

I can't seem to find any kit other than that black Metra brand that is everywhere online.

If anyone knows of any other color or brand at all, it would be very helpful! A satin/silver kit would be tight too.

Thanks yall!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I think they all come in basic black but you can paint them any color you want. It would probably be best to have the paint color-matched to your dash.

·
Registered
205 Posts
when you figure out a matching paint can you share where you get it for the rest of us.. Tired of the **** Black.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I just went ahead and bought this from SFR. For $28 with free shipping, I'm willing to give it a try. I'll definitely let you guys know how it fits. There is part of me that keeps saying the opening is too big for a standard double-din size, but we shall see.
Too big is fine if you're not willing to do DIY modifications. You could probably get some black rubber weather stripping type of material and do it like how they mask off the gaps on the front headlights.

What size if your double din...they do actually come in various size.

If it's 6.1 6.2 inch screen type of double without the slide down face...those are smaller. The 7 inch flip down are usually bigger overall. The 7 inch will not fit the metra/scosche double din kit.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
However, looking at the pictures on that one you linked up, it seems the side panels are really much smaller....which would mean you will have gaps from left to right.

The problems I have encountered if gaps from top to bottom...never left to right...interesting. Please post pics when you get this.

So I guess no more airbag light huh lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a Pioneer FH-X700BT unit. I'll get the measurements when I have a chance, but it is just listed as double-din size. It fit the Metra kit fine.

I am very interested in seeing how it fits. The website description is pretty useless. And the airbag light is no big deal. I am actually thinking of flush mounting a bass control knob in that spot of the new piece.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have a Pioneer FH-X700BT unit. I'll get the measurements when I have a chance, but it is just listed as double-din size. It fit the Metra kit fine.

I am very interested in seeing how it fits. The website description is pretty useless. And the airbag light is no big deal. I am actually thinking of flush mounting a bass control knob in that spot of the new piece.
that should fit fine...as in it wont be too big. however, you may have to fill in the gaps as it appears to be a much larger hole. At least i am guessing just visually since if you notice the top slightly folded part on that one appears to be smaller then the original. Also the side parts seems smaller.

I think I have seen an actual pic of this piece installed with a double din unit and there were gaps, but shouldn't have hard to work around it and mask it off. Not sure where I found the pic, it was an actual user, not off of a seller's website.

Also play around with the depth of the unit, the one pic i saw it had the double shoved all the way to the back...it looked horrible.
Try to have your face as flush as possible to the outside plate.

imo it looks better

1 - 20 of 22 Posts