Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Sonata, V6, US model. No alarm or immobilizer.
Every time I unlock the car with my key, the doors lock back almost immediately. I have to be really quick in opening the door. Sometimes it locks later, even after I had started the engine. Sometimes it does one "lock/unlock" cycle very fast.

The weird part is that after a few minutes of engine running, it stops locking. And when I stop after a drive it also acts normal.
I have measured the battery voltage and it is normal.

What else can it be?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kind of tough w/o some equipment to detect where the problem may be, but I'd start with the activators to eliminate them first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine does the same thing sometimes, 2001 V6 GLS. Can't see the probability of all 4 actuators being bad at once, though. Maybe one cause them all to lock?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the same problem probably your driver side door switch for the locks and windows. I would start there, also do yourself a favor pull the fuse for the door locks so you don't burn them out untill you can get it fixed, if its like mine its doing it even when the car is not in use just sitting there

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine does the same thing sometimes, 2001 V6 GLS. Can't see the probability of all 4 actuators being bad at once, though. Maybe one cause them all to lock?
If one is bad they will cause all of the doors to lock.. to find out which on is bad.. open doors one by one.. and pound on door near where actuator is located.. if locks trigger then you found a bad actuator. id still check the other doors might more then one bad one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a White Lithium Grease spray can that I had around, the ones with a thin straw, and sprayed inside the keyholes on both front doors. Then I have exercised the locks several times, for the grease to spread well inside.

It seemed to stop the autolocking for now, but I have to see if isn't just a coincidence.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Door lock relays, (two of them), located behind driver's side dash? Searching the forum should turn up some additional useful info on this subject.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The spray didn't do it, I still had one extra "lock" when I have started the car this morning.
Relays? If bad, wouldn't they just prevent the doors from locking? My doors work they just have some "glitches" and they do it by them self sometimes. Not always.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the diagram is fairly simple in my case - there is no alarm on my car. Everything goes to this digital control module.

I start to suspect the ETACM...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts