Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Santa Fe 2010 AWD Sport and it has some vibration coming from the rear passenger door and the front passenger door. Now these only happens when the temperature is warm ( here in Canada warm means over 15 Celsius) the vibration is like rubbing two pieces of vinyl together. The vibration stops if I push on the doors from the inside or if I firmly pull on the door handle from the inside. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would have the dealer set the door latch tighter on my next visit to the dealer. To me it is just an adjustment needed.

GLen.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a similar issue as yours but mine seems to be when it is cold out.
Like dunmovin said, the door needs to be adjusted to pull in tighter. I bet if you stand outside your vehicle and push on the top of the window frame, it makes the noise.
Mine does and I think it is the weather stripping rubbing against each other. The next time I go to the dealer, I'm asking them to tighten up the doors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371842
Two words: Silicone spray.

(If the door adjustment doesn't work)
Just a word of caution when using silicone spray. If you spray directly onto the seals you may get overspray onto the paint and it will absorb into the paint and stay there. Then, if you have to have a paint job done you will have the nicest fish eye paint job you have ever seen.

I would spray the silicone onto a cloth away from the car and then wipe the silicone onto the seals carefully, not getting any on the paint.

just my two bits for what it is worth.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
QUOTE (dunmovin @ Nov 15 2010, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371879
Just a word of caution when using silicone spray. If you spray directly onto the seals you may get overspray onto the paint and it will absorb into the paint and stay there. Then, if you have to have a paint job done you will have the nicest fish eye paint job you have ever seen.

I would spray the silicone onto a cloth away from the car and then wipe the silicone onto the seals carefully, not getting any on the paint.

just my two bits for what it is worth.
No argument there... silicone is the bane of every bodyshop's existence :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same problem along with a rattle from the back hatch. Took it to the dealer and they adjusted the back hatch and said that was what was causing both noises. Its been about 2 weeks and no problems since...so we'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts