Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have issues with their Sonata's door panel buttons rattling/buzzing on long drives? It's specifically the button that prevents windows from being rolled down and the lock/unlock button on my driver door panel. Whether I have my bass up or not, music on or not, on long drives the switches love to buzz and rattle, even if the road is pretty smooth. Certain bass frequencies cause it to rattle but it also happens when I'm not playing music. It's not a constant all the time thing, but on my commutes between my hometown and school, it rattles like 70% of the way. I believe the front passenger window switch also rattles but it's farther away and harder to notice.

I am driving on studded winter tires, but I heard the rattles and buzzes before I even put them on. I was wondering if dynamatting the door panels would even help, considering it's switches that are causing it not the door panel itself.

The rattling stops when I rest my fingers over the buttons, but that's a terrible way to drive 5 hours to and from school.

Are they just cheaply made or what? Because honestly it's driving me insane haha

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had this with my '12 Sonata GLS. I read on a thread around here of someone having the issue right after purchasing and dealer replaced the switches. On mine, I was going to pull out the switches from the door panel and add some double sided tape or something to thicken up the switches in their clips to stop the rattle, but was in an accident and car got totaled out. my '14 SE 2.0T doesn't have the issue...yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had that issue and I'm a crazy person about rattles/squeeks. I just took a little piece of notebook paper, like smaller than a postage stamp, and folded it to the desired thickness and slide down between the side of the window switch and the housing its in. You can't see it and it stopped the rattle. I used some tan construction paper that matches my tan interior to do the same on the seatbelt mount rattle. Its a good way to trouble shoot it and then could go to a more permanent solution, but its good enough for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a '13 Limited CPO and the driver side front switch would rattle when music would play. The dealer replaced it under warranty. It's been about a year and I'm noticing the rattle again. Like most plastic rattles, it's worse with cold weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts