Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed when turning and going over a bump, regardless of speed or severity of the bump the door seals creaking? It's like the body twists or something.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have this issue with my 09 sonata as well it is quite obnoxious. I do not know what is causing it

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If it does it hasn't caught my attention yet, will listen for it and report back.

·
22,788 Posts
I've never noticed anything with this. I always wipe mine down with the aerosol can of Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray. About $4. Spray on a paper towel, rag, cloth, whatever, and gently glide it along the door seals, both sides. Also wipe down the inside seal around the door jambs at the entry. And the trunk and hood seals. I do mine once in the Spring, and again in the Fall.

Not saying this will fix the issue you're having, but if preventing your doors seals from aging prematurely is a concern, this may keep them from getting brittle over time. I doubt this is your problem on a 2013, however. It must be something else. And whatever it is, I'd (we'd) sure like to know about it.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Is it the door seals or the door itself creaking. Treating the seals like Rich mentioned is a good start problem or not. Another thing to consider is applying grease to the hinges and door latches. If they are dry, they could make the creaking sound you speak of.

Other than that, turn that knob on your radio in a clockwise direction.

·
22,788 Posts
Is it the door seals or the door itself creaking. Treating the seals like Rich mentioned is a good start problem or not. Another thing to consider is applying grease to the hinges and door latches. If they are dry, they could make the creaking sound you speak of.

Other than that, turn that knob on your radio in a clockwise direction.
+1 on the radio volume control knob! I did that with those OEM "road-roaring" ContiPro's, but not any more. Volume's down. Took care of that problem. Now I mostly hear wind noise outside on the highway at 60+. Ahh....the sweet silence.

Liquid Wrench also makes an aerosol can of White Lithium grease. Good for those latches and hinges. Two different cans that provide a variety of answers to life's little annoyances.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
+1 on the radio volume control knob! I did that with those OEM "road-roaring" ContiPro's, but not any more. Volume's down. Took care of that problem. Now I mostly hear wind noise outside on the highway at 60+. Ahh....the sweet silence.

Liquid Wrench also makes an aerosol can of White Lithium grease. Good for those latches and hinges. Two different cans that provide a variety of answers to life's little annoyances.
So you did it, out with the ContiPros, I missed that! Whatd you get. Does it take care of random hot air noise?

Lithium grease is highly recommended!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I always wipe mine down with the aerosol can of Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray. About $4. Spray on a paper towel, rag, cloth, whatever, and gently glide it along the door seals, both sides. Also wipe down the inside seal around the door jambs at the entry. And the trunk and hood seals. I do mine once in the Spring, and again in the Fall.
Tire foam also works. Been using it for years on noisy sunroof seals, door seals, and most recently the hatch on my Veracruz.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that a car body would flex by a millimeter or two. It is after all a big hollow structure made of tin foil :)

·
22,788 Posts
So you did it, out with the ContiPros, I missed that! What'd you get. Does it take care of random hot air noise?
Lithium grease is highly recommended!
Some random hot air noise you just can't help, Curtis! Mostly that which is emitted "inside" the cabin. :blush:

Regarding the tires, the ContiPro's had about 4/32nds left on them and the roads will get worse as Old Man Winter marches in playing his ice/snow/mix games. Why risk it? I went up a tiny bit in size to get more sidewall flex for ride comfort. From the 215/45R/17 to a 215/50R/17. Tread design sure cut down on that road noise. I noticed a little hit on the MPG's, initially. But there has been a slight improvement in the last 300-400 miles I've logged.

Previous little annoyances in the road are almost non-existent, now. Larger expansion joints aren't as annoying, either. Ride is smooth. Went with the 75,000 mile Bridgestone Turanza Serenity. With the Black Friday sale of buy 3 get 1 free, and $140 in rebates, I got one heck of a deal, IMO. Of course it required me getting up and being there at 5AM, which I was more than willing to do in order to save the price of one tire: $147.00, plus sales tax.

And that complimentary lap dance just sweetened the deal even more. :w00t:

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that a car body would flex by a millimeter or two. It is after all a big hollow structure made of tin foil :)
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time from you, Don. "Tin foil!" I love it! :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts