Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a limited non- nav. I am getting so annoyed, because just about any song that has even a little bass in it rattles my drivers door. I don't by any means have my bass turned up all the way either. I mean I could be listening to a slow song w/just a small amount of bass and it happens. I found myself skipping 75% of the songs on my ipod this morning because it was just too annoying!

Does this happen to everyone? I am wondering if there is something wrong with my drivers door because I don't like the sound it makes when it closes either... doesn't sound 100% solid... more "thumpish".

Anyway, just wondering if this rattling is normal?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i had some 'thumping' in my door as well...i turned the bass down...and it seemed to help...until i put my office keychain in the door handle (it's a tiny little electronic swipe key). now, i just turn it up louder and i dont hear the thumping

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (fear24 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374108
i had some 'thumping' in my door as well...i turned the bass down...and it seemed to help...until i put my office keychain in the door handle (it's a tiny little electronic swipe key). now, i just turn it up louder and i dont hear the thumping

The louder I turn my radio up, the worse the rattling gets... the audio won't cover it. :/ i have my bass on +3 as well. When I got the car from the dealer the bass was up almost all the way and I didn't notice the rattle yet then which is odd.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Happens in 95% of cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Head is either underdriving the speakers, the speakers are popped, or something is loose / vibrating inside the doors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have anything in the door pocket? I have a small flashlight in mine and if it is in the "right" spot it vibrates and makes a bunch of racket.

If not then I guess that something is loose in your door.

Thanks,
Scotty B

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374191
i don't have anything in the door pockets.
id mention it to the dealer next time you are in for service. whatever it is should be covered under the b-to-b warranty. do you know whether you have an "early" car? seems the early ones have a lot more rattles in general than the later ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Nov 23 2010, 02:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374203
id mention it to the dealer next time you are in for service. whatever it is should be covered under the b-to-b warranty. do you know whether you have an "early" car? seems the early ones have a lot more rattles in general than the later ones.
My Sonata's build date was 9/27/10, so I have a later model. It must be something with the drivers door. The passengers door doesn't rattle a bit. I keep hoping it'll magically disappear, but doubt that!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I get something like this but only slightly. Odd thing is I only get when I have the sound low. Theres a certain bass frequency that seems to make it rattle. Not very loud though and goes away if I turn it up a little.

Mainly happens on an AM sportstalk station I listen to.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 23 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374228
Looks like its time to invest in some after market speakers.. it would cure your problems for sure. Along with a piece i forgot what it is called but it goes in the lines and filters the garbage for a cleaner sound
Bass blocker (47mf capacitor) Keep them playing as a mid-range speaker and blocks deep base.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Nov 23 2010, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374230
Bass blocker (47mf capacitor) Keep them playing as a mid-range speaker and blocks deep base.

Id fix the actual problem before trying a workaround that would leave me with inferior sound. (I love the sound and bass from the stock base GLS stereo; Hyundai did an excellent job for OEM sound.) Complain at the dealer and have them fix whatever is loose in the door.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (jena55 @ Nov 23 2010, 06:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374103
I am getting so annoyed, because just about any song that has even a little bass in it rattles my drivers door...
Does this happen to everyone?
Anyway, just wondering if this rattling is normal?
Lets simplify the problem: A) you have a rattle, or B) you have a blown speaker, or C) Both.
In any case, call your dealer, speak to the service manager, and tell him the door / speaker rattle is stressing you out and making you not want to drive your new car. At this point it is his job to just about bend over backwards to make you happy. I doubt this will take more than 1/2 hour of tech time to make it right. They can probably have the door panel off in two or three minutes. Your warranty is all you need to get this fixed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (Scott2011 @ Nov 23 2010, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374359
Lets simplify the problem: A) you have a rattle, or B) you have a blown speaker, or C) Both.
In any case, call your dealer, speak to the service manager, and tell him the door / speaker rattle is stressing you out and making you not want to drive your new car. At this point it is his job to just about bend over backwards to make you happy. I doubt this will take more than 1/2 hour of tech time to make it right. They can probably have the door panel off in two or three minutes. Your warranty is all you need to get this fixed.

Thanks. I don't think it is a blown speaker... the rattle is worse when I am actually driving. If I am parked, it is not near as noticeable. So, i think it is a combination of the bass and driving that cause the rattle. I will give me dealer a call tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I talked to my dealer about this and he told me that this is normal, he then proceeded to turn the fader towards the back (1 or 2 levels) and it got rid of the rattling for me... see if that helps.

the sound quality will be slightly worse but you can always turn it back when a less bass-y song comes on. =)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts