Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger door has an annoying vibration when playing music. It's just gotten worse over time. I wanted to try tightening things up and/or remove/replace the panel, but cannot find the screw covers to remove the screws.

Anyone have any idea how to remove the door panels?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My front passenger door has an annoying vibration when playing music. It's just gotten worse over time. I wanted to try tightening things up and/or remove/replace the panel, but cannot find the screw covers to remove the screws.

Pretty sure there's a special tool for that. I'm facing similar scenario with a likely bad window regulator.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

Front door trim removal info attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that replied. Looking at the diagrams, I don't see a cap inside the door handle area. It's one solid piece of plastic. Does the whole inside door handle plastic piece pop out?

Also, the front door cover (D) ...what is that? The plastic door handle "cup"? Does that whole cup pop out? Not the best diagrams in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Check out this Sonata door panel removal video. The Azera should be fairly similar. To get to the screw at the bottom of the door pull cup, I'm guessing that the textured plastic piece at the bottom of the cup pulls out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same or similar rattle that you describe. I think it's coming from the speaker mount or other speaker part in that door (distorts at very low volumes, not sure if covered by the warranty- 11th month of 36 month lease).
Or, because I'm having trouble with the window going up when rising at the same time as the passenger side window, I'm thinking the noise might be coming from part of the power window assembly.

Looking forward to checking out the diagrams so I can try to diagnose this problem and fix it.
Thank you to all who posted the diagrams and other great resources!

I

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same or similar rattle that you describe. I think it's coming from the speaker mount or other speaker part in that door (distorts at very low volumes, not sure if covered by the warranty- 11th month of 36 month lease).
Or, because I'm having trouble with the window going up when rising at the same time as the passenger side window, I'm thinking the noise might be coming from part of the power window assembly.

Looking forward to checking out the diagrams so I can try to diagnose this problem and fix it.
Thank you to all who posted the diagrams and other great resources!

I
I would hope it would be a warranty issue. Their "premium" audio system is a big selling point, and to be honest, it's very annoying. I'm not sure why I haven't taken it in already, other than I was hoping to have another reason than just this, but so far the car is great!

Please post back what you find. Is your noise in the front passenger or the driver side front door?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts