Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being anal, as my wife says, when it comes to the car, I noticed something weird. I have the Infinity Sound system in the car. The drivers side door panel is Marked Infinity over the speaker cover. The radio face cover is marked infinity. The passenger door panel is marked Dimension(sp) over the speaker cover. Normal???? Service guy at dealership said "huh, that's weird" Any ideas?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's funny. As James Bond once said, "the collar and cuffs should match." Of course, he wasn't referring to cars.

There is only one "Bose" label among the 10 speaker covers in my other car (a Mercedes)... on the subwoofer in the rear package shelf. Classy.

Likewise, Hyundai needn't label any of their speakers if the HU is labelled "Infinity."

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
No one who knows sound would call Bose 'Classy'-- brassy perhaps . . . No Highs. No Lows. Must be Bose.

·
Registered
186 Posts
No one who knows sound would call Bose 'Classy'-- brassy perhaps . . . No Highs. No Lows. Must be Bose.
Didn't mention it to brag. Or to solicit a put-down. Just to illustrate that speakers don't need to be labelled more than once.

However -- owning both -- I can tell you the Bose system in my Mercedes sounds far better than my Sonata, or any other Infinity system I've owned.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was at the dealer yesterday for regular service, they ordered a new door panel as it is supposed to be marked infinity. And yes, Hyundai is covering this.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally after 3.5 months, the door panel arrived and was installed by the dealer yesterday. Said they had to order part from Korea and was shipped via boat months ago. Now all is well and the door panels match, until I find some other small little quirk.

·
Registered
687 Posts
This might be one of those bad situations. I know it was like this on the Civic forum. If damage is less than a certain amount (3500?) they don't have to report it. They might have damaged the doors and had to replace one.

On the Civic forum there were people who complained that the dealership measured the paint thickness and mentioned the car had been in an accident on trade in. This was AFTER they sold the car without the owner knowing it had been replaced.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This might be one of those bad situations. I know it was like this on the Civic forum. If damage is less than a certain amount (3500?) they don't have to report it. They might have damaged the doors and had to replace one.

On the Civic forum there were people who complained that the dealership measured the paint thickness and mentioned the car had been in an accident on trade in. This was AFTER they sold the car without the owner knowing it had been replaced.
had already went that route with the dealer. The wine leather interior was only available in the Shimmering white or Black exterior. I could see someone (or robot) down in Alabama stacking the panels wrong. Could have been a mistake from the factory. Car fax shows no accidents (car was new when purchased)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts