Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently started having issues with my locks. hit the unlock button on remote, and all doors unlock except for drivers door. I have to manually open drivers door with key in the hole.
same goes for locking the car, drivers door doesn't lock with remote, but all other doors lock. I have to either use the key, or lock from the inside.

In addition, when locking the car from the inside on the drivers door, all the other doors make clicking sounds, until i close the door and hit the lock button on the remote.

any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
707 Posts
The door lock assembly is internally faulty I'd say. I've had this on a number of my Hyundais and not just the drivers door. Usually replacing the lock is the only fix.If you mean that when you go unlock, it repeatedly unlocks the other doors then it's likely not receiving the door unlocked signal from the drivers door so it keeps retrying. You could check the harness to th edoor lock is connected or ok but odds are it will be the lock

Not sure if this is the one for yours

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's another interesting thing, about a month ago when my drivers door was working fine, my front passenger door wouldn't unlock from one key press. I had to press unlock on the remote twice to get the passenger door to unlock. Same thing to lock, had to press twice.

Now, the passenger door locks and unlocks just fine with one key press

are they related?
is the passenger lock also faulty?

·
Registered
187 Posts
here's another interesting thing, about a month ago when my drivers door was working fine, my front passenger door wouldn't unlock from one key press. I had to press unlock on the remote twice to get the passenger door to unlock. Same thing to lock, had to press twice.

Now, the passenger door locks and unlocks just fine with one key press

are they related?
is the passenger lock also faulty?
Maybe a short somewhere? Not sure.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Probably master door lock switch. Unplug lock switch and see if other door locks function. If they do they aren't tied into the main driver door switch. If they don't work when the driver door switch is unplugged then it's all tied togeather. I would start here. If it's an intermittent issue then I'd lean towards a bad switch. Possible connection issue due to corrosion.. possible water spilling on the switch... Window open while raining...etc.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had the exact same issue, it ended up being my door lock actuator.

I noticed when I would lock the car with the remote it wouldn't beep or flash the lights. If I manually locked the door it would beep and flash lights. Same thing with unlocking, I could unlock the car with the remote but the door wouldn't unlock. The lock actuator on the inside would barely move.

I ordered the part off ebay and through trial and error was able to replace it. It's honestly not that hard once you know what your'e doing. I posted instructions on this forum at one point, I'll see if I can find them for you.

Drivers side door lock actuator for the YF is part number 81310-3S010. You can find them on ebay for around $67 shipped. It took me a couple hours to change this out in my driveway.

Pics I took

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the same problem with my passenger door. Haven't got around to fixing it yet because theres no straight forward procedure available online to replace the actuator. Post #10 is the way to do it though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts