Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Santa Fe Limited with Tech package.

We have had the car about a month and the last few days the door locks will lock and unlock them selves like someone is playing with the switch while we are driving. I have turned off all the auto locking features from locking on gear shift to unlocking when in park etc... seems to be fine for a day or so and then comes back. It's got to be a ECU thing I think but wondering if any of you have seen this? Have an appointment tomorrow for service but I can't recreate it seems totally random and happens at any speed except parked.

·
Registered
474 Posts
2013 Santa Fe Limited with Tech package.

We have had the car about a month and the last few days the door locks will lock and unlock them selves like someone is playing with the switch while we are driving. I have turned off all the auto locking features from locking on gear shift to unlocking when in park etc... seems to be fine for a day or so and then comes back. It's got to be a ECU thing I think but wondering if any of you have seen this? Have an appointment tomorrow for service but I can't recreate it seems totally random and happens at any speed except parked.

Be sure and let us know what they find out. Knock on wood, I haven't had any problem like that. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had a similar problem on my Accent. Its probably one of the door actuators. Finding out which one may be a chore. They replaced my rear door actuator and it continued so they replaced the driver door actuator and it stopped. They may have had to replace all 4 it it came to that. No problem since!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poltergeists.
LOL Yeah I thought it could be my daughter messing with me but there are no unlock switches in the back doors. (just found that out) Dealer thinks it could be the passenger switch. It doesn't feel like it springs back to the neutral position like the drivers side. Will know more later. Said parts would need to be ordered. Updates to follow....

·
Registered
389 Posts
My mom's 2012 Santa Fe did the same thing a few months back and it was very random. Even stranger, when she'd shut off the thing, get out, and double punch the remote, the horn would not sound. Seems to have worked itself out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**update**

So they said it is the right passenger door lock switch. It's way to sensitive and just barely touching it triggers the door locks so go over a big bump or vibration could set them off. Door switch ordered and should be here in a few days. Guess they gotta take the door panel of to replace it. Hopefully they get this right and it doesn't turn into to a cluster f*$k.

I always tell the guys "If I don't get this back the way I gave it, we're gonna have a problem!" :shades:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
**Update pt2**

Okay door lock was fixed. Dealer had to order a new rocker switch. Removed and replaced with no issues and so far no mysterious locking and unlocking. Took them a little longer to get the part as the car is so new. (is what I'm told) Southbay Hyundai did a good job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts