Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 SF 2.0 T
A week ago I noticed the black unlock button on my driver side door felt like it was stuck. It doesn’t have the feeling of clicking anymore, even though it did still function.

Yesterday, my wife parked and there was a constant beep as if she was locking the key fob inside the vehicle. She got out and all the doors started locking and unlocking along with a beeping sound and the lights flashing.

Tonight, it did the same thing to me when I was at the grocery store. As soon as I turned it off and got out, it just kept beeping/flashing/locking/unlocking. It only stopped when I got the key fob out of range(a few feet away). When I came back with groceries, it started doing it automatically when I got close enough to the vehicle. I hadn’t pushed any buttons on the vehicle or the fob. It continued until I got inside and turned it on. Kinda annoying when I’m putting grocery bags away.

I’m wondering if the door handle lock button is stuck in contact with something causing this to happen whenever a key fob gets within range. It does the same thing with both our fobs.

Does anyone know what causes this problem? It’s out of warranty so I imagine I’ll have to take it to the dealer if there isn’t a diy fix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Definitely sounds like a shorted wire or a stuck switch. Could also be a module problem but given your comments about the change in feel for the door switch I'd consider that the likely culprit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would think it has something to do with the button on the door handle since it is programmed to operate when your FOB is in range. Also, it's the one button that will both lock and unlock. Like you said, it doesn't feel like it's working properly. I would replace it, can't be that hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to post an update in case someone else gets a similar problem.

So I removed the exterior driver door handle, which actually turns out to be pretty simple. I disconnected the wires going to the handle....and no more problem. My best guess is the button on the handle malfunctioned. The only complete fix is to replace the entire door handle, which is $133 at the dealer.

In the mean time, the door handle and fob are back to working like normal, just no locking and unlocking using that button. I’m planning on leaving it like this until I get some spare change, and at that point I’ll try to find a better deal online.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just wanted to post an update in case someone else gets a similar problem.

So I removed the exterior driver door handle, which actually turns out to be pretty simple. I disconnected the wires going to the handle....and no more problem. My best guess is the button on the handle malfunctioned. The only complete fix is to replace the entire door handle, which is $133 at the dealer.

In the mean time, the door handle and fob are back to working like normal, just no locking and unlocking using that button. I’m planning on leaving it like this until I get some spare change, and at that point I’ll try to find a better deal online.

Can you swap the drivers and passengers buttons?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t think so. The guy at the dealership parts department said I’d have to replace the entire handle when I asked if I could just buy a new button. I don’t see any way to remove the button myself either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts