Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Sonata GLS 3.3L The power lock/unlock mechanism in my front passenger door isn't working. For awhile, it would work sometimes but now isn't working at all. I can see that it tries to lock and unlock but isn't doing the job. I have a replacement mechanism but am unsure of how to get to it.

I know that there is an inner panel inside the door and it appears that the window glass is attached to it somehow. Do I have to remove the door glass to get to the mechanism? Is the regulator attached to the panel?

Any helpful advise on accomplishing this repair/replacement is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is a youtube video that shows how to take the driver's side door apart. The passenger side should be simpler. When you get to the part about holding the window glass up in the frame you can use about a dozen pieces of painter's tape 2 feet long each. Drape each one over the door frame and stick it to opposite sides of the glass to hold it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Optiker! Don't know why I didn't think of consulting YouTube for help in the first place like I usually do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts