Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I used to be able to lock and unlock all my car doors by simply pushing on the outside left front door handle button.
Now, I cannot. I still can do it with the button on the passenger side but not on the driver side.
How can I fix it so that the button on the driver's door will again lock and unlock all doors.

A friend and I happened to push several times at the same time on buttons of left and right front doors while trying to unlock the car. I think that this is the cause of my problem or possibly the arming or disarming of the anti-theft system sequence is not correct.

Can you help.
Thanks,
Monandy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check your owner's manual and see if it tells you how to program the buttons. If not, you can try disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins and see if it sets it back to the factory defaults??

S

·
0 Posts
Does the button work at all? More than likely a button failure and will require door handle replacement.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the button work at all? More than likely a button failure and will require door handle replacement.
I followed the procedure shown in the owner's manual.....
place the transmission in park, turn the ignition off, get out of the car and lock all doors with the smart key.
Then, with the driver's door window down, reach inside an unlock the left front door with the inside door handle.

This procedure corrected my problem and the car door buttons are now working as they did previously. Problem solved.

Thanks to those who answered my query.

Monandy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed the procedure shown in the owner's manual.....
place the transmission in park, turn the ignition off, get out of the car and lock all doors with the smart key.
Then, with the driver's door window down, reach inside an unlock the left front door with the inside door handle.

This procedure corrected my problem and the car door buttons are now working as they did previously. Problem solved.

Thanks to those who answered my query.

Monandy
what page in the owners manual for the door buttons I have the same problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts