Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 santa fe SE and as many of us learned from this forum, Lock actuators are anything but reliable on this model.

My driver side rear was not functioning from last year or so and we usually just keep it locked. But last week driver side front started acting up as well.

So, I'm in hunt for new actuators for both these locks and wanted to see if later year models share same actuators and if they are more reliable.

Reason for question:
Found 2010 and 2012 wrecked [email protected] near by dismantler and was planning to go there to get another infamous broken sunvisor replacement :mad::mad:for mine. so if actuators are more reliable in later year models then I will price them as well. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
My door locks are working fine.
but I found this universal actuator that people creatively installed into many doors. It's just adding the moving stick to the existing one.
And it is cheap, only $10 for two actuators.

Amazon.com: High Power Door Lock Actuator 2 Wire: Automotive

How-to: Remove door panel and install aftermarket door lock actuator (an $8 fix!) - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

nissan murano universal power lock installation - YouTube

Universal Door Lock Actuator in Chevy Impala - YouTube

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My door locks are working fine.
but I found this universal actuator that people creatively installed into many doors. It's just adding the moving stick to the existing one.
And it is cheap, only $10 for two actuators.

Amazon.com: High Power Door Lock Actuator 2 Wire: Automotive

How-to: Remove door panel and install aftermarket door lock actuator (an $8 fix!) - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

nissan murano universal power lock installation - YouTube

Universal Door Lock Actuator in Chevy Impala - YouTube
Thank you. I read about this on our santy forum as well. someone installed universal one.
I wanted to tackle this job when time allows. For right now we are used to manually lock them. Fortunately my 3 year old daughter never forgets to lock it manually when exiting :smile:.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is cost effective when it comes to luxury cars like Mercedes, Lexus.
Because most actuators are packaged with the big door locks,
part only is about $300 and labor included is total $600~$700 for 1 door, I've heard.

Don't forget posting your actuator location picture,
so that people can cheat your idea for future.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I found this,

Power Door Lock Actuator Repair ( fix your door locks for free ) - Toyota RAV4 Forums

Rav4 has the actuator inside of the lock, and in this type, I don't think there is something to connect the universal actuator stick.
They fixed by cleaning brush inside of the motor, or by replacing with similar eBay motor modified.

I don't know which actuator type is in the CM Santa Fe door. so investigate first before you buy the universal actuator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
is driver door actuator of 2011 santa fe can be replaced by 2009 santa fe actuater?
in other word is it compactable with 2009

1 - 8 of 8 Posts