Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that just happened in the last week is that the driver sider door handle requires two pulls of the handle to open after the door is unlocked via the fob or the button on the door. I'm going to bring this up at the dealer seeing as they still have to fix my multi function switch issue, but has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It stumped me until I figured it out. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to get this addressed (hopefully). I'll report back with what happens.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had them look at the door handle today. They're completely stumped. I have a return appointment next Monday for them to disassemble the door and take a deeper look.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I visited the dealer and they diagnosed the issue as a door actuator going bad. They didn't have the one for the Tucson in stock so that will have to be ordered. Who knows how long that will take as it seems that parts take two or three weeks in some cases to arrive. But of interest, if I had a SantaFe, they had lots of those in stock as "they go all the time."

The part number that is referenced on the work order is 81310-D3010.

·
Registered
85 Posts
And me. Mine is a UK spec 2017. I thought it was normal as I have only just got this car and it has auto lock and other weird things on it.. I never had any problems though with my 2009 Santa Fe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea it's strange because it only does it when you first unlock the car once you open it it closes and opens with one pull normal like it should, any new info please let me know thank you n good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea it's strange because it only does it when you first unlock the car once you open it it closes and opens with one pull normal like it should, any new info please let me know thank you n good luck!
I'm having the same problem with my 2016 Tuscon Limited. When I mentioned it at the dealership they charged me to look at it and said that it would cost $450 to replace the whole assembly. I declined and the paperwork that I got back said that it was my fault from closing the door with the seat belt unretracted. I think that this is my last Hyundai.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm having the same problem with my 2016 Tuscon Limited. When I mentioned it at the dealership they charged me to look at it and said that it would cost $450 to replace the whole assembly. I declined and the paperwork that I got back said that it was my fault from closing the door with the seat belt unretracted. I think that this is my last Hyundai.
That sounds like BS to me. I'd take it to another dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts