Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a question about door handle replacement.

The door handle on my 1997 Accent, driver side, broke off. I've found replacement parts online, my question is this: is it possible to replace the door handle without needing to replace the key? Can I just replace the actual handle, without needing to swap out the whole assembly? Or do I need to find a handle that fits the key that I have, or get one with a key, or is it possible to swap out the lock mechanism...? I just want to be able to use the same key, but am not really sure how to go about doing this. Would really appreciate any advice on this, thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
you may be able to unscrew the lock part from the back of the unit, but if this is not the case, a locksmith could probably modify/swap the cylinder from the old lock to the new one. Unfortunately, hmaservice is not specific about this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The lock is retained in the handle assembly by a circlip. It's not an easy job to change the handle assembly over but it's not impossible. The easiest part of the task is changing the lock over to the new assembly once you've got it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts