Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2016 front driver side handle just stopped opening on the first try a few days ago. All other doors open fine, and the lock is on the unlocked position on all 4 doors, but from outside I have to pull 3-5 times to actually get the door to open, or hit it once before pulling the handle.

I feel like there may be something loose but don't know where to start checking..

Most other threads I've seen about stuck doors had the lock stay locked on the problematic door. Mine unlocks fine, it just won't open.

Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my 2016 front driver side handle just stopped opening on the first try a few days ago. All other doors open fine, and the lock is on the unlocked position on all 4 doors, but from outside I have to pull 3-5 times to actually get the door to open, or hit it once before pulling the handle.
I just stumbled on your post while looking at another one, but had to jump in and say that I have this problem too! 2016 Tucson which I just bought (unfortunately somehow didn't notice this beforehand... ).

Basically mine mostly always opens on the 2nd try, I'm sure it has something to do with the handle mechanism or something as I can see that the door unlocks when watching the internal lock switch and I have sat in the car when unlocking it and it will open first time from the internal door handle. Sometimes I think I can hear a bit of a click when I let the door handle back in from the first attempt, so I'm wondering if that's something re-engaging or falling back into place..

I've booked in at my local Hyundai for next week to see what the deal is, but I'd be very keen to know too if others have had the issue

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put my ear to it and I get what you mean. I hear the noise when it's ready to open. But still no fix.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks lmk
So they've diagnosed it as a faulty actuator in the door. Service guy I dropped it off to said he could hear something was off when he was having a look.

Part should be in next week but couldn't get a slot until 13th so will have to wait until then to see if the replacement actuator resolves it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts