Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week out of the blue, the lock/unlock button the driver's side door stopped working altogether. It's not stuck, as I can definitely feel it click when pressed. Also, the passenger side button works just fine.

This is very annoying after spending a year without ever having to use the actual key fob. Has anyone else had this issue?:(

·
Banned
532 Posts
Haven't had it do that but in freezing rain or a temperature drop it seems like it needs to break free from the rubber seal.

There's a thread about issues on this function in the history, it mainly deals with the lack of quick unlocking to a double touch, the system gets confused because the mechanical unlocking function can't keep up with the signal input.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had this happen this fall and attributed it to ice in and around the dard rubber button. Once it warmed up above melting, the problem fixed it self!

Did the OP get any of that freezing rain that hit the North Eastern shore board?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This has happened to me. It started intermittently, but today stopped working altogether. Was parked in a dry garage all night, so no moisture to speak of. Time for a trip to dealership. 2013 sf turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has stopped working a few times however the next time I tried it worked fine? Weather wasn't an issue.

2014 Santa Fe Sport

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those are the starting stages of your door accuator going bad. Take it to the dealer guys. The samething was happing to me until my doors started pooping the fuse then stopped unlocking all together. My SF is at the dealer now getting the door accuator replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts