Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the car this morning and had to press the button twice to unlock the car. Seemed odd, but we had rain last night and then the temps dropped into the 20's, so I figured some ice had gotten into the mechanism, especially since I heard a little "crunch" when I pressed it.

Well, when I got to work it wasn't working, and this afternoon it still isn't, so I'm figuring the button broke. Fortunately, I'm dropping off the car this evening to have the rear window replaced due to a couple dead defroster lines, so I'll let them know about the button.

It's a bit aggravating since this will be the 2nd warranty repair since I bought the car in August, but what can you do? For those that have had this repair done, how long did it take?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: dealership checked it out yesterday. It was working, so the theory is that water/ice got into the mechanism. Guess I'll have to just use the fob in sub-freezing weather...

·
Registered
64 Posts
The proximity key unlock button? Yeah, in winter time if I leave the car on the street it won’t work when it snows/ices.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A coworker said her SUV does the same thing, so I'll just deal with it for the winter. The button seems a little more flush on the driver's door handle than the passenger's, but that's my OCD...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts