Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys someone door ding me strait to primer, would touch up paint keep it from rusting, what should i do. I am so sad people are a holes.

·
1,565 Posts
To minimize rust, sand the area down to bare metal, apply a good primer, then the touch-up paint. Follow with clear coat and wax the area to make it look like nothing happened. There is also a rust inhibitor you can put under the primer if you want to be anal, but it really does nothing unless you already have rust.

Maybe I missed a step or whatever, but I'm sure someone will correct me if so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the size of a quater how would I sand down such a small area, also what would be a good primer, new to this stuff, also why not just put touch up paint over it.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
You can take a pencil with an unused eraser and glue a piece of sandpaper on the top of the eraser. That helps take care of the little details without damaging adjacent unharmed areas.  Worked for me on a spot on my roof.

Not sure I know of a good primer to suggest...  I tend to do things halfway, so once I get it cleaned up I just put touchup paint over it. :whistling:  Doesn't exactly make for an unnoticeable (or long lasting) repair! :innocent:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice pencil idea will try, i have a gray car its hard to tell primer from metal, also what sandpaper grit u use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts