Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need a little help I have looked everywhere and can't find any info on this. I need to replace this and can't seem to get it done. Any help preferably with pictures:). Dealer wants $109 to re-re it each side ?

2016 2.0t

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If these are the lights on the doors, then they are real easy to replace. Take a screwdriver or plastic trim removal tool and pry back from the front-most part of the plastic toward the top and bottom(2-tabs) and the covers will pop out. Then the bulbs are easy to get to from there.

I replaced my courtesy covers with clear ones and installed brighter 5000K LEDs. In the picture, I pointed at where the tabs are found. the ones in the picture on the right are the ones you want to try to pop out first, the ones on the left are on a curved piece and harder to get to.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2016 have a bigger light and according to Hyundai you have to remove the door! So annoying can't get this dumb piece out lol.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
OUCH! What a poor design for $ conscience individuals. Boo to that engineering.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If these are the lights on the doors, then they are real easy to replace. Take a screwdriver or plastic trim removal tool and pry back from the front-most part of the plastic toward the top and bottom(2-tabs) and the covers will pop out. Then the bulbs are easy to get to from there.

I replaced my courtesy covers with clear ones and installed brighter 5000K LEDs. In the picture, I pointed at where the tabs are found. the ones in the picture on the right are the ones you want to try to pop out first, the ones on the left are on a curved piece and harder to get to.

forgeinaz, where did you get the clear covers? I can't find them for the 2014 model year. Let me know. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got from ebay. They are the same for 2011-2013, even though many sites might not list them. Most of the parts are the same for 2011-2013, but a few are different (Wheel options, rear bumper, etc).

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you tell me how you got the red lens off without breaking the white housing or the black slide mounts? I am trying replace the red lens with LED projector lights. Thanks for you help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts