Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, looking for a sanity check, I picked up my brand new Santa Fe 12 months ago and thought that the paint on the back door looked a different shade to the front door. However I didn’t say anything as I thought it must just be the light in the show room. A year later, it still doesn’t look right and it is doing my head in! Please have a look at the pick and advise if anything is wrong and what I should do about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Definitely looks like a different color. Sometimes the plastics (bumpers, etc) will look like that because of the additives that are put in to make the paint stick to the plastics and be flexible. This looks almost like a repaint of the rear or front half of the vehicle. Have you seen any indications of a repaint? At one time we bought a brand new Lexus GX that had the entire front half repainted and it only had 40 miles at time of purchase. Lexus replaced the vehicle with a brand new one when it was brought to their attention. Of course it was noticed less than a month after initial purchase. Not sure what Hyundai might do if it indeed was repainted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No evidence of a respray, my wife took it to the garage today. They said that the paint at the back was in spec and that there was nothing they could do. Going to go for a second opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts